Working nowThank you. Still trying to sort things out with the hosting company.
Seems like several locations are affected:
View attachment 213518
I'm sorry for the inconvenience to those affected.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Working nowThank you. Still trying to sort things out with the hosting company.
Seems like several locations are affected:
View attachment 213518
I'm sorry for the inconvenience to those affected.
It's working for me right now but AlexCa is still troubleshooting some server settings. He said the settings will take effect in 24 hrs. If the issue is still present tomorrow then maybe send a pm to him.for me it still dont work
@AlexCa
Thanks for the video as it confirmed I was doing it correctly. I can confirm by looking at the downloads folder that every program was downloaded so I'm not going crazy. However, I can't seem to reproduce the problem either.
For context, I had originally unzipped the file to my downloads folder on my C drive and opened the program. I then downloaded a couple of antimalware software by clicking on them (not by using the download/update tool). I then decided it was a good helpful tool and copied the unzipped folder to my USB drive.
I haven't followed all of these same steps to try and reproduce the problem so I may do that later.
@AlexCa
Yes, I unselected everything then selected a few preferred AntiMalware programs from the settings icon next to “update all”. After running the update I saw it going through the process of downloading all the programs. I then stopped the download and went back to settings thinking there must be a “apply” or “save” option that I missed in the settings. I made sure my selections were still there and tried again. It did the same thing so I just let the download go until it was done.
I haven’t tried any further to recreate this but may have time tomorrow.
@AlexCa
I have a request. I love that the custom tools section allows me to add my own tools. However, many tools have multiple .exe files in their respective folder. For example, when I try to add Wise Care 365 portable, it adds no less than 10 .exe and reg files to the list. I only need one of those (the main launcher exe). Is there a way to hide entries from the list?
Important note regarding Emsisoft Emergency Kit:
There's currently a bug with Emsisoft Emergency Kit (un-related to Windows Repair Toolbox), that makes it very difficult to delete the folder it creates after being used. Consequently, Windows Repair Toolbox cannot delete it too. When you click the "Clear Downloads" button in the "Settings" tab, you'll receive an error related to "epp.sys". You will also not be able to delete it manually, not even after a computer restart.
I've reported this and has been confirmed by Emsisoft in their forum and also through their (great, btw) support: [solved] Cannot delete EEK folder (epp.sys)
If this happens to you (a circumstance where it will not happen, is if the epp.sys driver is already loaded on a system), these are the steps to follow:
1 - Run cmd as administrator;
2 - type sc stop epp and press Enter;
3 - type sc delete epp and press Enter;
4 - Restart the computer (if running Windows 10 make sure to choose "Restart" and not "Shutdown")
5 - delete the EEK folder.
As always, if you have suggestions to improve the program, or bugs to report, please let me know.
Thank you!
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes