Advice Request Windows Sonic for Headphones - How it works?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you use Windows Sonic for Headphones on Windows 10?

• Yes

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Other external speakers

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Not available

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: How “Windows Sonic” Spatial Sound Works

Microsoft added “Windows Sonic” spatial sound to Windows 10 back in the Creators Update. Windows Sonic for Headphones is disabled by default, but you can enable it for virtual surround sound. This option is available on the Xbox One, too.

You can easily toggle this feature on or off from the sound icon in your notification area. Right-click the speaker icon, point to Spatial Sound, and select “Windows Sonic for Headphones” to enable it. Select “Off” here to disable Windows Sonic.

If you don’t see an option to enable spatial sound here or in the Control Panel, your sound device doesn’t support it. For example, this option won’t be available when using built-in laptop speakers.

1594758015288.png

Read more at Source.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I tried it today on my earphone while playing an online FPS game. The detection of sound left, right felt slightly better but overall the sound quality became worse with lower volume. My one's a cheap $20 earphone so this is expected I guess. A decent headphone is needed to enjoy this feature.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I would really like to try this. The dolby atmos setting. But I have just got a pair of KEF LS 50W, and they have a really great sound, but I guess just to try it out would make no harm.🥳

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I use Dolby premium when connect to a low quality speaker / headphones and dts headphones not ultra for midrange or higher audio output device

Reactions: Nevi

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
I use DTS -X for headphone or Dolby Atmos for headphones, I think DTS is the best of all 3 audio Plugins.

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
I have corsair virtuoso headphones, which in theory have high definition sound, and I use the dobly atmos for headphones program and I'm doing super well, the program is paid but much better than sonic at least in my ears.

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
I would say the same about DTS-X for headphones, I think the former SRS did a formidable job.
I do not have expensive headphones(JBL650live...1500DKR)but they sound OK over Bluetooth & wired.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.