Custom - Provided by a third-party security vendor
Periodic scanners
Since SAS and lately MBAM were ruined, I'm using EEK for second opinion
VPN and Privacy
O&O Shutup 10, O&O AppBuster to uninstall completely all windows 10 apps
Browser(s) and Add-ons
Chrome with ublock origin, Font Rendering Enhancer, Google Translate
Maintenance tools
CCleaner Slim with blocked internet access. Geek Uninstaller, HWINFO64, MSI Afterburner, Process Explorer, Resource Hacker, WinAero Tweaker.
Photos and Files backup
Not need. If my HDD die will cost me 10x more time to download all movies, tv series and music from cloud drive than ******* sites.
File backup schedule
No photo or file backups
Backup and rollback
not need
Backup schedule
None
Activity usage
  1. Computer games
  2. Generic web browsing
  3. Streaming audio and video content from the Internet
  4. Downloading files from unfamiliar sites
Computer hardware
My old-age custom build:
G1 Sniper Z87
i7 4771
2x8gb 1866 Evo Potenza
GTX 1660 ti
Samsung Evo 120gb + Baracuda 1tb
Seasonic M12II 750W Evo Edition
Staff notes
  1. This setup configuration doesn't have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

windows1064

Carsten, you are right about updates, but I'm using custom windows theme and always waiting 1-2 days before install latest windows update. Otherwise updates can broke my windows. About other antivirus, not sure which one is lighter than Eset. This is most important for me.
Oldschool, I will. maybe I underestimate this, because last time when I caught virus was year of 2008. And because I keep all my paypal/email passwords only in ''my head'' :D . But you are definitely right - standard is much safer than admin acount.
Below are my eset settings. Are they good? BTW, sorry for my english.

I use these Eset HIPS settings and Eset Firewall settings plus some other changes made by me:
1. Enabled detection of potentially unwanted and unsafe apps.
2. HIPS in smart mode.
3. Scan on demand with enabled Avdanced heuristics/DNA signatures.
4. Firewall settings below screenshots.

Last edited:

security123

Level 27
Verified
keep all my paypal/email passwords only in ''my head"
So you remember all that with recommend good passwords for every site
?
Of course every site use own 20+ characters password with letters, number & special symbols.

Don't think so ;)
Password manager is a must nowadays. You just need to highly secure that and then enjoy the increased security for your login credentials.

Also don't forget 2FA / FIDO or even better: U2F / FIDO2 for all sites which support it. Maximum protection then.

windows1064

I keep in my head only gmail and paypal passwords. When I create accounts in internet sites and forums, I use other emails, never my gmail who is linked ONLY wiith paypal. Other passwords are nor important - torrent trackers, forums, etc. They are saved in in chrome/google account.

About FIDO/U2F never heard for this. I have to read about. Thank you :)