On Sale! Windscribe – Lifetime VPN

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

A

antreas

Buyd a lifetime account too and its good. My girlfriend use it atm because i use Airvpn and atm i dont want to change to windscribe. with Airvpn i just can do way more with the Windows client and so on. but Windscribe is devinitly worth looking at.

In the next while our plan is to finish the Android app, release a website overhaul (its going to look a lot sexier), update the desktop app, update the iOS app with a bunch of accessibility features, and add SOCKS5 proxies. We hope to have all of this done by this time next month.

When your subscription with airvpn ends come to windscribe :)

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
In the next while our plan is to finish the Android app, release a website overhaul (its going to look a lot sexier), update the desktop app, update the iOS app with a bunch of accessibility features, and add SOCKS5 proxies. We hope to have all of this done by this time next month.

When your subscription with airvpn ends come to windscribe :)
I dont think i will. When i leave Airvpn i will use perfect-privacy vpn. Its just that these two are over all the others i have tested, include Windscribe. its hard to beat one of the two, if even possible when it comes to the quality of the service. for easy to use, windscribe is maybe one of the best, simply on/off but for funktionality and other factors its far from being the best. Maybe in 1-2 Years i will do another deeplook to windscribe but until now its there is nothing that want me to change to it.

windscribe

From Windscribe
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 28, 2016
If you like windscribe please vote here to help! Windscribe is rated "Great" with 8.6 / 10 on Trustpilot

Thanks for the continued support :)

I dont think i will. When i leave Airvpn i will use perfect-privacy vpn. Its just that these two are over all the others i have tested, include Windscribe. its hard to beat one of the two, if even possible when it comes to the quality of the service. for easy to use, windscribe is maybe one of the best, simply on/off but for funktionality and other factors its far from being the best. Maybe in 1-2 Years i will do another deeplook to windscribe but until now its there is nothing that want me to change to it.

Well, what would you like to see in order to make the jump?

windscribe

From Windscribe
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 28, 2016
Our servers are all optimized for speed. We never let any server reach more than 30% of their network interface capacity. "Slow speeds" are a result of many factors, usually poor routing from one location to another, which is usually outside of our control. The only reason solution is more servers in more places.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Well, what would you like to see in order to make the jump?
First thing i would do is to make a opensource client or one avaiable to the standart client like Airvpn.That is one of the main reason why i use Airvpn, because they have only opensource softwares. i would be fully transparent, when a server get shut down from the provider, the police get them or any other thing that can happens. u can post ur server spec and make them public so everyone know what servers ur running, where the servers are located exactly and what data center u are using. Data centers are important for some people. maybe multihop function, dont know if its alrdy possible but i have not see any option about that in the client. With perfect-privacy vpn u can do 4. A Forum where u can get help, find helpful peoples or mods to help peoples out so they dont need to send a ticket every time. some poeples like forums alot more than a ticket system. a option where u can chose a dns u like, instead of need to write it ourself in the client. Like p-p u can simply choose any countrie's/citys dns from there servers. Auto update is not there if i am correct? there comes a massage in the client and when u click it, it will redicrict you to the website and downloads the new client, or? That should be all automaticaly without the user need todo something. (Set and forget) is realy important for the average user. when i have more time i will devenitly write some more suggenstions.

Last edited:
Reactions: shukla44

windscribe

From Windscribe
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 28, 2016
First thing i would do is to make a opensource client or one avaiable to the standart client like Airvpn.That is one of the main reason why i use Airvpn, because they have only opensource softwares. i would be fully transparent, when a server get shut down from the provider, the police get them or any other thing that can happens. u can post ur server spec and make them public so everyone know what servers ur running, where the servers are located exactly and what data center u are using. Data centers are important for some people. maybe multihop function, dont know if its alrdy possible but i have not see any option about that in the client. With perfect-privacy vpn u can do 4. A Forum where u can get help, find helpful peoples or mods to help peoples out so they dont need to send a ticket every time. some poeples like forums alot more than a ticket system. a option where u can chose a dns u like, instead of need to write it ourself in the client. Like p-p u can simply choose any countrie's/citys dns from there servers. Auto update is not there if i am correct? there comes a massage in the client and when u click it, it will redicrict you to the website and downloads the new client, or? That should be all automaticaly without the user need todo something. (Set and forget) is realy important for the average user. when i have more time i will devenitly write some more suggenstions.

There is absolutely no good reason not to trust closed source VPN clients as the truly paranoid can easily audit what they're doing with a network analyzer, like Wireshark. You should be more concerned with the servers you're connecting to, and who owns them, rather than a simple client used to connect to them.

We offer double hop functionality between any 2 servers we have, but you must use the browser extension for the second hop. keep in mind the 2nd hop will be only for your browser activity.

Can you give me a scenario where choosing your own DNS server is a desirable alternative? I personally see no good reason for that, other than "just because". In our case, each node has a DNS resolver on it, which is only accessible via a LAN IP, so it only works while you're connected to the server itself. This pretty much guarantees that there are no DNS leaks since the DNS server is not connectable over the public Internet. What's great about that is there is zero latency, since the DNS server and VPN server is the same machine, your DNS request doesn't have to go to a random server, over the internet and come back to the same machine.

The auto-updater is on our to-do list. Public forum may be too.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Tested Windscribe for a few weeks. Nice Windows client, very clean GUI. Plenty of servers.

Speeds were good at the time I tested. Used Euro servers closet to my location. I did not use their browser extension though.

No DNS leaks detected. I have IPv6 disabled on my system. But all DNS queries showed same location as exit node servers.

Decent service. I hope it's server farm grows to include some Baltic states servers.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
There is absolutely no good reason not to trust closed source VPN clients as the truly paranoid can easily audit what they're doing with a network analyzer, like Wireshark. You should be more concerned with the servers you're connecting to, and who owns them, rather than a simple client used to connect to them.

We offer double hop functionality between any 2 servers we have, but you must use the browser extension for the second hop. keep in mind the 2nd hop will be only for your browser activity.

Can you give me a scenario where choosing your own DNS server is a desirable alternative? I personally see no good reason for that, other than "just because". In our case, each node has a DNS resolver on it, which is only accessible via a LAN IP, so it only works while you're connected to the server itself. This pretty much guarantees that there are no DNS leaks since the DNS server is not connectable over the public Internet. What's great about that is there is zero latency, since the DNS server and VPN server is the same machine, your DNS request doesn't have to go to a random server, over the internet and come back to the same machine.

The auto-updater is on our to-do list. Public forum may be too.
Well, maybe im to confortable with what i used and dont want to miss futures like i mentiord. maybe they are not needed thats right. but i myself cant miss them. Any release date for autoupdate? In the near future or are other things more importand at the moment?

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
chrome start up very slow only with extension what to say if I turn and desktop version :(

A

antreas

What Country provides the best privacy laws for a VPN

1. Iceland
2. Norway
3. Netherlands
4. Switzerland
5. Romania

USA
UK

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Andrew999

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Well, just avoid this 14 eyes => 14 eyes <= good site for privacy reasons...
Actually its doesn't matter where to connect but where the VPN provider place is.

About the giveaway I already have lifetime license and it has been good no leaking and no speed issues and client simple and easy to use.

But I currently using my 1 of top 3 VPN's what is AirVPN.

Very good giveaway indeed! And nice to see founder here in MT :)

Last edited:
A

antreas

Windscribe Ltd. is based in Ontario, Canada
As of January 2nd, 2015, Canada has enacted mandatory data logging and monitoring by Internet Providers and VPN service providers based in Canada

source

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I love the Developers sense of humor!!! Nice changes, its a lot nicer. Would be nice to have the client version notated on the site.:):):)

good joke.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.