On Sale! Windscribe – Lifetime VPN

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

windscribe

From Windscribe
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 28, 2016
windscribe

Are there any plans to introduce some Ex Soviet states as servers?

Belarus, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Armenia

I would love to see those servers on windscribe!!!

May I ask why? Those countries have very poor or no oversight in terms of what the government can and cannot do.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
May I ask why? Those countries have very poor or no oversight in terms of what the government can and cannot do.

Sometimes, that can be a good thing. Also, most of those countries not only employ a bit of a selective judicial system, they might just not cooperate with others, no matter what.

Of course, you always have to keep in mind the severity of possible accusations. But for minor things, I doubt most parties would bother to contact the aforementioned in the first place.

In case of something like copyright issues, you had probably better accompany your letter with 500 $ in cash if you don't want it to land in the trash the minute it arrives. :D

If you're a Turkish dissident for example, it probably won't get any safer than Armenia. I guess they'd rather shoot themselves in the foot before cooperating with Turkish authorities. :)

So, yes, I actually don't know a single location that wouldn't be good for a specific occasion. That aside, it's a company decision of course. It may just not cover the target audience or end up being too much financially as for cost/usage.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016

Privacy reasons. Latency. I live in that region :)

Any server that isn't in the 14 eye's or EU is a huge plus. Those server countries I listed would never co-operate with western countries.

You know you have exit nodes in Vietnam, Russia , and Egypt. Those countries are not exactly beacons for freedom.

Last edited:

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
How is the speed compared to other VPN's? Might be worth a look. :D
I get 64 Mbps on my home broadband normally without VPN. Using WindScribe Ive noticed no appreciable drop in this speed even when bouncing it off other countries like Canada (I'm UK based).

You can get a free account, which limits the amount you can download per month, to try before you buy.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I love the Developers sense of humor!!! Nice changes, its a lot nicer. Would be nice to have the client version notated on the site.:):):)
@windscribe How about support for Windows 10 Mobile for Free/Pro users?

Any public information about the delay for an Android client and will it be available for Windscribe Free users?
"Native Android application is coming February 2017 and will be available for free users."
Download - Windscribe

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Some guy named Rashad. He owns the Internet there.

I hope the server is actually located in Azerbaijan. Too many vpn providers get away with faking geo-ip of their servers.

I know your Russian so you would probably be able to get a server in Azerbaijan.

Any future plans to rent servers in EX Soviet states I listed?

I would buy a lifetime license if you could provide servers that are physically located in those countries I listed.

windscribe

From Windscribe
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 28, 2016
If you like windscribe please vote here to help! Windscribe is rated "Great" with 8.6 / 10 on Trustpilot

@windscribe How about support for Windows 10 Mobile for Free/Pro users?

Any public information about the delay for an Android client and will it be available for Windscribe Free users?
"Native Android application is coming February 2017 and will be available for free users."
Download - Windscribe

Yes, there will be a tutorial for this soon. Not much further to add on the Android front, its being delayed so we're not releasing crap that doesn't work.

I hope the server is actually located in Azerbaijan. Too many vpn providers get away with faking geo-ip of their servers.

I know your Russian so you would probably be able to get a server in Azerbaijan.

Any future plans to rent servers in EX Soviet states I listed?

I would buy a lifetime license if you could provide servers that are physically located in those countries I listed.

Azerbaijan server is physically there. Other countries are a bit more elusive, especially if you don't want to pay $2000/month for the bandwidth.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Yes, there will be a tutorial for this soon. Not much further to add on the Android front, its being delayed so we're not releasing crap that doesn't work.

Azerbaijan server is physically there. Other countries are a bit more elusive, especially if you don't want to pay $2000/month for the bandwidth.
U are using vps servers to get the location u want?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.