Battle Windscribe Free VPN VS Proton VPN Free

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Windscribe Free VPN VS Proton VPN Free. I have a code for 50 GB for Windscribe instead of 10 but Proton VPN has unlimited Bandwidth for the free version but less servers. I want to know what you think is more secure or better in your opinion. I recon ProtonVPN is more secure because of Swiss Privacy Laws compared to Windscribe being located in Canada.

Links to check out. By the way Proton VPN is made by the same people who made ProtonMail which is the main mail service I use.

ProtonVPN: Secure and Free VPN service for protecting your privacy
Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Block

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I have the following VPN-Services currently on my system: NordVPN+SurfEasy Ultra+ProtonVPN Plus+Windscribe(paid)they have a real good extension for Chrome, Firefox & Opera+Private Internet Access, and VyprVPN.You must wonder Why I have all these, I measure the speed from VPN to VPN on servers in various countries:)

Reactions: bribon77

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
On Windscribe faq page

FAQs - Windscribe
"Will Windscribe make me 100% anonymous?
Unlikely. Achieving complete anonymity online is extremely difficult if not impossible. Anyone who claims otherwise most likely has a pair of pants that are on fire. Windscribe will get you 90% there, however the last 10% entirely depends on the user."

I like how upfront they are with users here. Others would probably have said that ' yes, you are 100% anonymous. Not even the CIA, NSA or Super Secretive Agency of secrets can find you' .

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
I like Windscribe. Privacy, security, and anonymity have different variables that you need to define for your needs. VPN alone cannot answer all those requirements, but is a building block towards your goal.

Reactions: Andrew999

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017

Attachments

• 1111.PNG
    1111.PNG
    46 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Windscribe is a big lie!according to Windscribe App im connected to Canada East server but when I do a ip look up:
Complete IP Address Details for 199.66.88.102
This is not the first time:notworthy:

If you plug that same IP address into this IP lookup engine, the result is Ontario CA:
IP Address Lookup - WhatIsMyIP.com®

Same here, Ontario CA:
https://ip-lookup.net/index.php

And this one too, Ontario CA:
199.66.88.102 - Yesup Ecommerce Solutions In North York Canada | IP-Tracker.org Lookup Locator

It's probably a good idea to check facts with more that one source before leaping to false conclusions. :oops:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.