simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Cylance. Word. :LOL:
Cylance Smart Antivirus Support
Please note that BlackBerry is no longer accepting new orders for SmartAV through the shop.cylance.com website.

I went down that rabbithole once upon a time :oops:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
No further news about WV at the moment… Btw, some testers test WV with the old detection engine against the latest threats with a low detection rate on VT, and WV could successfully prevent infection using ML and behavior detection.
If you say so.
Post in thread 'Real World, Evasive Malware and Performance Test by Trident'
Video Review - Real World, Evasive Malware and Performance Test by Trident

I would assume they are doing the same great tests like yours.

Reactions: [correlate]

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
The server hosting the WiseVector website is no longer active.
It's the end of this great antivirus... I'm at a loss for words... as if WiseVector had betrayed all the testers and Malware Hunter....

Capture d’écran 2023-06-24 120104.png

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
The real money is in security software for the corporate market. They were going to devote their effort there but they couldn't find buyers.
Likely this, or maybe their plans were to create a product and then sell it to the highest bidder, like to a tech giant. Either no one was interested, or it was sold under a different name.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.