Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Their site is pretty slick and the privacy policy looks good. Almost too good? I'm guessing you testers have a generally favorable impression of this app?
Hi,

Our privacy policy shows what exactly WiseVector StopX will do with your computer. Yes, it's really good.

Regards,
WiseVector

That is the link @WiseVector provided to this thread some months ago, probably They should update with some extra info :unsure: :unsure:
Hi,

Thanks for your concern.
There is nothing should update at present.

Regards,
WiseVector

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Last special sample just posted last night by @Der.Reisende:

WV.png

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I tried WiseVector and disabled Windows Defender completely while using it. It ran kind of wonky and the graphics are really poor and difficult to read because of similar colors with little contrast n the GUI.

I had some trouble uninstalling initially but I restarted and then disabled protection and self-defense. My suggestion is to include a warning via splash alert, etc. that user must exit program, etc. prior to uninstalling. There was no indication whatsoever that would alert an average user about the process. Plus, the GUI just hung on uninstall which others would find puzzling as well.

I am impressed by the simplicity of this AV, your privacy policy and the promising protection, but it is not ready for prime time for average users.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. :)
In order to ensure people with little knowledge can use WiseVector StopX smoothly, we designed it to be extremely easy to use.
1. If you find the graphics are difficult to read, you can change the skin of StopX by clicking the icon on the top of left. Please refer to the screenshot.
2.JPG

2. When uninstalling, there will be a warning if users didn't quit StopX. No need to disable protection and self-defense first.

Regards,
WiseVector

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
bug report:
- When I do a right-click to a folder and select "scan with Wisevector" -> WV doesn't show the scan popup, I have to click on WV tray icon and it shows up (its popup minimizes)
- I'm unable to "Upload file" .lnk file extension (shortcut). There is no popup showing that "file has been uploaded successfully"
- Sometimes when I executed a malicious script, the script downloads its payloads to Users folder or internet explorer's cache folder (INetcache) but WV doesn't detect those files. When I scan the folders with Right-click scan or I execute the missed files, WV detects them
Windows 8.x x64-2019-08-19-18-01-22.pngWindows 8.x x64-2019-08-19-18-02-53.png

These are 2 screenshots. The first one was when I executed a script. WV blocked the script but it still managed to download 3 payloads. WV didn't block detect them. I scanned "C:\Users\" folder with WV, it detected these 3 payloads

Realtime Protection protection in Basic tab and Advanced malware protection in Advanced tab seem to be 2 separate modules
today, I performed a test and I forgot to enable Realtime protection, WV still blocked everything, probably all by Advanced Protection

Thank you

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I got also and reported the 1st bug, was also in previous version 1.0x...

The 2nd also got the same issue, seems WV does not take it as a file but only as a short-cut...

I performed a test and I forgot to enable Realtime protection, WV still blocked everything, probably all by Advanced Protection
I got a similar behaviour when testing in June, i think it was Sophos Home Premium, but using WV as Second Opinion Scanner, even being RealTime Protection disabled, WV still detected some active malware running...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.