Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
is this wisevector av any good?
I would say yes. It's better than many well-known AVs out there and extremely lightweight
However, we should spend a bit of time to learn about it because it's a new AV
there are also some false positive issues, tolerable to me. It's common for any AI-driven AV

it lacks some internet security features such as Webfilter or firewall,... but many users will like that because there will be zero issue with browser

you can have a look at my test report of WiseVector. It hasn't been infected since I tested it, until now

Last edited:

cardenas

Level 1
Verified
May 20, 2019
For some reason I can't get WV to install no matter what I do and what I disable. I've had this issue on two different installs of Windows 10. I click the .exe UAC pops up, I click ok then nothing happens. It's got to be something on my end because I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, but I can't work out what it is because I've tried installing WV on an already setup install of Windows 10 Pro X64 and a brand new fresh install.
I had this issue as well. I disabled "Force randomization for images (Mandatory ASLR) under the Exploit Protection settings in Windows Security. This setting is set to "off" by default, but having it set to "on" will cause the issue which you are describing.

WiseVector.png

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Wise Vector auto starts on Administrator Account and appears in task bar. It does not appear in task bar on Standard User Account nor does application show it Task Manager. Manual start of GUI is required. I assume this is related to Wise Vector not being registered in Windows Security Center as in post #150, etc. above.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi@Evjl's Rain,

Sorry for the late.

When I do a right-click to a folder and select "scan with Wisevector" -> WV doesn't show the scan popup, I have to click on WV tray icon and it shows up (its popup minimizes)
Dose it happen whenever you do a right-click to scan with WiseVector StopX or it just happen somtimes when you are doing something under a particular condition?
I'm unable to "Upload file" .lnk file extension (shortcut). There is no popup showing that "file has been uploaded successfully"
Confirmed this bug, we will fix it soon. If you want to upload Ink file for now, please zip it to upload.
Sometimes when I executed a malicious script, the script downloads its payloads to Users folder or internet explorer's cache folder (INetcache) but WV doesn't detect those files. When I scan the folders with Right-click scan or I execute the missed files, WV detects them
Most malicious scripts download malware via IE ActiveX, which will be cached in the cache folder. Since the cached files are inactive malware remnants, you need to enable WiseVector StopX realtime protection to remove them. The realtime protection performs malware scan when process starts and file created.

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
like most chinese companies ( or any other security company therefore ) they most likely do data collection , if the sell it to 3rd parties? I do not know :sneaky::unsure:
Hi Mr.Wave,

1. As we have explained so many times before, WiseVector StopX will do exactly what we have mentioned in our privacy policy (https://www.wisevector.com/privacy/ ).
2. We can understand some users have a feeling of doubt and distrust, since a number of Chinese companies have privacy issues. But WiseVector StopX is different from them. We are not interested in your data. We only have passion to keep users from malware.
3. As WiseVector StopX is a commercial product, we can't open its source code. If you want to know what StopX is doing with your computer, you can use some tools like Process Monitor and Wireshark to have a check.

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Dose it happen whenever you do a right-click to scan with WiseVector StopX or it just happen somtimes when you are doing something under a particular condition?
it happens everytime. When I right-click to a folder and select scan with WV, there is nothing happens, no window shows in the taskbar -> I double-click to WV tray icon, the GUI shows up and shows the scanning process
I'm using windows 8.1

here is my video demonstration:

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I had this issue as well. I disabled "Force randomization for images (Mandatory ASLR) under the Exploit Protection settings in Windows Security. This setting is set to "off" by default, but having it set to "on" will cause the issue which you are describing.

View attachment 221471
Hi,

Thank you for telling us the details.
We just did what you said. As you described, when Mandatory ASLR is "on", WiseVector StopX can't be installed. We will have a test soon to find the reason and keep you posted.
If you still want to use StopX, please disable Mandatory ASLR first, after installation is completed, you can enable Mandatory ASLR. Sorry for the inconvenience at present.

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
it happens everytime. When I right-click to a folder and select scan with WV, there is nothing happens, no window shows in the taskbar -> I double-click to WV tray icon, the GUI shows up and shows the scanning process
I'm using windows 8.1

here is my video demonstration:

Hi,

We will have a test in Win8.1.
Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

We want you to know what we were doing in the past two months.

1. The ML 2.0 engine. The 2.0 engine will improve detection ratio and reduce false positives.

2. Real-time advanced memory inspection. We found the WV's weakness when fighting with process hollowing malware in post-execution stage.
Thanks @Evjl's Rain and @harlan4096 for testing WV. This technology will detect malware which uses the following techniques at post-execution stage,

Reflective Dll Injection,
Process Hollowing,
Manually PE loading(Exe and Dll),
DotnetToJS, Sharpshooter, .Net code in PowerShell.
Process Doppelgänging

We hope we can release the beta version in next month. Thanks everyone.

Regards,
WiseVector

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi @harlan4096 @Evjl's Rain ,

Did you try again after you failed to scan a folder with WiseVector StopX through right-click? Still not work?
The issue I'm talking about/meaning is just with right-click via Explorer... the WV GUI does not automatically open and show the scanning process (as @Evjl's Rain said), although the analysis is running and only double clicking in WV icon in Windows notifications taskbar section the GUI opens showing the scanning results...

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WiseVector StopX.

1. "Heur.xxx" detected by static analysis engine is AI based.
2. Some "Trojan.generic" signatures are based on clustering algorithm, which is also AI based.
3. "WIBD.xxx" detected by advanced behavioral detection is AI based. "WIBD" means "WiseVector Intelligence Behavior Detection".

Regards
WiseVector

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in WiseVector StopX.

1. "Heur.xxx" detected by static analysis engine is AI based.
2. Some "Trojan.generic" signatures are based on clustering algorithm, which is also AI based.
3. "WIBD.xxx" detected by advanced behavioral detection is AI based. "WIBD" means "WiseVector Intelligence Behavior Detection".

Regards
WiseVector

How many false-positives can we expect from these, especially number 3 (WIBD)?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.