Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
How fast the cloud response is, i mean if malware is detected by HEUR does it get automatically analysed by cloud i hope so, otherwise fps and detection will be slow to fix

@harlan4096 or @Evjl's Rain would know best. They've tested it. I think it's pretty good. Devs fix detection issues quickly.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
if malware is detected by HEUR does it get automatically analysed by cloud i hope so, otherwise fps and detection will be slow to fix
I don't know if malware is detected, it would be uploaded to the cloud
you should select "upload file" -> send the file so it would be analyzed
last time I sent, it didn't take long to get fixed. You can also send a personal message to the dev. He will do it for you asap

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
I don't know if malware is detected, it would be uploaded to the cloud
you should select "upload file" -> send the file so it would be analyzed
last time I sent, it didn't take long to get fixed. You can also send a personal message to the dev. He will do it for you asap
Wow, that sound like really fast response, highly respected job by developer.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I ran wisevector a few months ago on win7 aok; however, the other day, I tried to install it to run as a companion AV on win10_vm, and I could not get it to install. I think it was blocked due to the honeypot files it was putting on vm_hdd by av it was intended to companion with. Has anyone else seen this installation problem? What do I have to disable on win10 to get it to install, and if it is intended to run as companion av, should I have to disable other security? Primary av on this vm is WD w/ConfigureDefender, and Voodooshield. I did disable VS. Probably did nothing with WD. Does wisevector require the honeypot files to be installed? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I ran wisevector a few months ago on Windows 7 aok; however, the other day, I tried to install it to run as a companion AV on win10_vm, and I could not get it to install. I think it was blocked due to the honeypot files it was putting on vm_hdd by av it was intended to companion with. Has anyone else seen this installation problem? What do I have to disable on Windows 10 to get it to install, and if it is intended to run as companion av, should I have to disable other security? Primary av on this vm is WD w/ConfigureDefender, and Voodooshield. I did disable VS. Probably did nothing with WD. Does wisevector require the honeypot files to be installed? Sorry if this has been asked before.
yes, WV installs honeypot files automatically for the anti-ransomware feature to work best but you can disable the honeypot easily in settings
Perhaps, windows defender blocked the honeypots from installing to Documents folder

I use WV as my only AV. Nothing else because I think it's sufficient enough for my usage and the performance is extremely good (faster than most full AV suites, not as fast as Cylance)
WV + syshardener + Windows Smartscreen + google chrome's safebrowsing+BDTL+WDBP + VT Hash check (manually) + Bandizip v6.25 => I'm ok with them (there is only 1 realtime protection)

I never have any problem installing WV because I don't lock down my PC that much (just use syshardener). The more lockdown I do, the less usability and productivity I have

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi@Azure,

How are people using this product? As a complement to their AV or a replacement?
WiseVector StopX can be the only AV or a complement to other AV, since users have different requests on their AV. It depends on the users' choice.
Does the product registered well in the security center; meaning does it disable WD?
No. It’s on our to do list.
I'm asking cause it has been said this product is design to detect advance/stealthy malware that other "traditional products" can't detect. And that makes it sound the product was a made as a companion.
WiseVector StopX aims at being the one of the most professional AV in advance and stealthy malware detection. It can detect “traditional” malware as well.:)

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

How fast the cloud response is, i mean if malware is detected by HEUR does it get automatically analysed by cloud i hope so, otherwise fps and detection will be slow to fix
1. In order to protect users' privacy, We don't upload malware detected by static analysis engine. We only upload the malicious program which triggered the Advanced Detection if you enabled “Help fight malware by providing threat statics” option in WiseVector StopX.

2. If there are false positives or malicious samples missed, you can upload them through WiseVector StopX by selecting "upload files". They will get analyzed automatically or manually(Depends on how complicated of the malware). It will take minutes to hours.

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I ran wisevector a few months ago on Windows 7 aok; however, the other day, I tried to install it to run as a companion AV on win10_vm, and I could not get it to install. I think it was blocked due to the honeypot files it was putting on vm_hdd by av it was intended to companion with. Has anyone else seen this installation problem? What do I have to disable on Windows 10 to get it to install, and if it is intended to run as companion av, should I have to disable other security? Primary av on this vm is WD w/ConfigureDefender, and Voodooshield. I did disable VS. Probably did nothing with WD. Does wisevector require the honeypot files to be installed? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Hi,

Can you please tell me why you couldn't install WiseVector StopX ( hang or else) and more details about your operating system?
Can you please temporary disable the WD first and to see whether WiseVector StopX can be installed or not?
Thank you.

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Do you plan to change the website interface? I think this website is useless.
When will you make better the antivirus software's interface? The current interface is undemanding.
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.
Our website will add more useful information recently.
For UI, we need more time since it is not our No.1 priority now.

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
yes, WV installs honeypot files automatically for the anti-ransomware feature to work best but you can disable the honeypot easily in settings
Perhaps, windows defender blocked the honeypots from installing to Documents folder.
I use WV as my only AV.

Yes it appeared that honeypots were blocked from installing to Docs folder, which then seemed to keep WV from installing and running correctly. I'll give it another try. Good to know WV is your only av, it seems to do well here in malware hub.

Can you please tell me why you couldn't install WiseVector StopX ( hang or else) and more details about your operating system?
Can you please temporary disable the WD first and to see whether WiseVector StopX can be installed or not?
Thank you.

win10_pro_1909 running in vmware workstation 15. I will try to install again after I "disable" what I think blocked the honeypot files. Appreciate your prompt replies to questions here.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Interesting software!

It ads 13 seconds to my startup so nothing for me, yet. From 33sec to 46. I will stay satisfied with WD and Zemana antilogger.
Someone else having this experience?

It was a long time since its last update, earlier they were more offensive.
Hi,

Can you please tell me why you think the 13 seconds added is caused by WiseVector StopX?

Our new version will be released recently.

When there is a false positive, can you please upload it via WiseVector StopX or send it for analysis? It can help us to improve. Thank you.

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi,

Can you please tell me why you think the 13 seconds added is caused by WiseVector StopX?

Our new version will be released recently.

When there is a false positive, can you please upload it via WiseVector StopX or send it for analysis? It can help us to improve. Thank you.

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

Because it became so after installation of it. Even after several restarts and cold starts. After uninstall it went back to the usuall.

WD and Zal would not be the problem but maybe, RollbackRx is. I have not tested that assumption. Some security software have incompatibility problems with RbRx, but it is not usuall.

Otherwise, nothing else could/should cause it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.