Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
ConfigureDefender never had such ability. Some features can be disabled (a few require disabling Tamper Protection), but WD is still running.
In the early versions, ConfigureDefender had an option to disable Real-time protection (WD still running), but I had to remove this option when Microsoft classified such feature as a hack-tool. (y)
Ah yeah i remember reading about that before but as i wasnt 100% I thought I would ask, since some sites state ConfigureDefender could potentially disable WD. Cant remember where I read about it.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Could you send me the file? I would like to have a look.

Also to note all fitgirl repacks that are from fitgirl legit site are repacks of cracked games by default.

Worse would be if you didnt grab it from the official fitgirl site and one of the look a like sites, which well, do contain additional nasties... Thanks
It happened on almost every setup from that site I did I scan with wise vector after installation and it detected nothing I forget to send the sample i will redownload the exact one that caused an issue and send it to wisevecter and you later
And yes I know he / she repacks games from scene releases with all kinds of compression tools to save bandwidth to users but so far I haven't heard of any malware being uploaded to the official .site website
edit NVM I don't wanna waste bandwidth here's the name: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Mod Edit: link now removed but kept name. this was important info needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
It happened on almost every setup from that site I did I scan with wise vector after installation and it detected nothing I forget to send the sample i will redownload the exact one that caused an issue and send it to wisevecter and you later
And yes I know he / she repacks games from scene releases with all kinds of compression tools to save bandwidth to users but so far I haven't heard of any malware being uploaded to the official .site website
edit NVM I don't wanna waste bandwidth here's the link ("")
ill try grab that one later

and yes you are using the official site, since there are more fake sites that add more in it.

Last edited:

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I notice the exact opposite. It is one of the first icons popping up in the taskbar, before Windows Security, Adguard, Onedrive, Radeon software, etc.
I bumped up the priority of WiseVector.exe in Task Manager. I will see if it improves anything.

UPDATE: Bumping up the priority to Above Normal worked.

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
ConfigureDefender doesn't disable Windows Defender at all, unless you're talking about turning off specific features like BAFS. But why would you?
i asked cause i read in some articles it could. i did explore its options and can disable some stuff like Andy said. was already clarified a few posts above :)

And yes I have windows defender disabled on the wisevector system. :)

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
ill try grab that one later

and yes you are using the official site, since there are more fake sites that add more in it.
Yes you have to bookmark it anyway I usually use scene releases but because I downloaded a few games and software at a time I had to use a compressed installation to reduce bandwidth
And if you ask why I use cracked games is because I don't want to login in and install a bunch of launchers on my pc and some games require a hacked version for mod support and I won't add the dlc crap most games have .
Nowadays I will only buy physical or drm free plus launcher free games and the pc has stricter isolation then some IOT devices in my household

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Thanks!

I was able to disable via Defender Control but I am not using latest windows 10 build.

I believe Registry method doesnt work either on latest windows build (can someone pls confirm)?

Group policy method only viable for those in Pro/Enterprise.

I myself have windows 10 home so group policy does not work for me.

Finally, here is another site where it makes reference to @Andy Ful program

chrome_TBLYyELA5R.png

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Doesn't work on latest windows build. The disabling doesn't persist after reboot
Can you please tell me what's the exact version of your OS?
We think the latest stable version is Win10 2004 and we have tried Defender Control and Gpedit MSC. Both of them can disable WD completely.

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Can you please tell me what's the exact version of your OS?
We think the latest stable version is Win10 2004 and we have tried Defender Control and Gpedit MSC. Both of them can disable WD completely.
in my test system is 2004 windows 10 home edition
defender control disables it but upon restart and a cold shut down, becomes enabled again. it its random after 15 restarts and 10 shutdowns, it disabled 50% of the times inconsistently.

Cant use group policy method because home edition.

Reg edit method for 2004 version is not viable due to renaming from MS from what i can understand.

My main gaming systems however use 1909 so defender control works fine. Yet to try the other app you mentioned in your post previously.

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016
in my test system is 2004 windows 10 home edition
defender control disables it but upon restart and a cold shut down, becomes enabled again. it its random after 15 restarts and 10 shutdowns, it disabled 50% of the times inconsistently.

Cant use group policy method because home edition.

Reg edit method for 2004 version is not viable due to renaming from MS from what i can understand.

My main gaming systems however use 1909 so defender control works fine. Yet to try the other app you mentioned in your post previously.
Have you disabled before the anti-tamper protection?

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
@WiseVector on a clean install after I upgraded to Windows 2004,
Running Comodo Firewall the following happens when I install WiseVector StopX.

I believe @cruelsister raised with Comodo but just in case, you should be in contact with COMODO.

Here are the screenshots showing - Unrecognized files, wisevector being auto contained and blocked apps.

I also submitted the files to comodo as you can see on screenshot as well.

explorer_3j3xgDMykc.png
t8t9uNSpKg.png

submitted.png

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
All you have to do is trust and all drama will end because wisevector is safe.
Comodo Firewall sometimes have windows files as unrecognized etc (Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework) so as you trust for dose trust for that.
Cruel sister talked about that in a thread on wilder's and she trusted it and moved on.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.