Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
All you have to do is trust and all drama will end because wisevector is safe.
Comodo Firewall sometimes have windows files as unrecognized etc (Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework) so as you trust for dose trust for that.
Cruel sister talked about that in a thread on wilder's and she trusted it and moved on.
I am fully aware about the work around, but I was also told by Cruel that its still detected. I also checked the thread in wilders in question, however if we do not alert users and do not submit fps, it goes no where.

taking the approach of simply ignoring and blaming on a solution that fires alerts and not alerting devs is not the right approach.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I am fully aware about the work around, but I was also told by Cruel that its still detected. I also checked the thread in wilders in question, however if we do not alert users and do not submit fps, it goes no where.

taking the approach of simply ignoring and blaming on a solution that fires alerts and not alerting devs is not the right approach.
Well i wish you the best in your endeavors in reporting what ever you deem as CF false positives. Next how can an unknown or unrecognized file be a false positive?

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Well i wish you the best in your endeavors in reporting what ever you deem as CF false positives. Next how can an unknown or unrecognized file be a false positive?
the reporting tool is there for a reason.

users are free to ignore and just do as they please, however such users simply do not contribute anything for the softwares that are made free for public use.

Same way I reported something to COMODO, I also reported a false positive to Wise in separate via its reporting tool.

But fine, lets agree to disagree and close this particular discussion as we both know where we both stand.

Thanks

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Hi Guys! I can expand on the subject of Comodo not recognizing WVSX. I initially noticed and reported this issue to both Comodo as well as WiseVector. Although I did not expect any response from Comodo (I am just a lonely girl in a confusing world after all), I did get a response from WV:

In a message dated 9-23, they confirmed that they had reported the problem of WV not being recognized as Trusted and received a response that:

1). The Code Signing Certificate is Valid, and
2). Technicians will evaluate the software to determine that "the software does not contain any threats that will harm a user's PC".

As I (and they) have no idea what sort of backlog Comodo has in vetting a new application (I shudder to imagine!), it essentially will get done when it will get done. Unsatisfying answer but reality sometimes bites.

However I can say that in a few private conversations I was made aware of a few security concerns that certain people had. I did then Vet the application myself and determined that these concerns (I won't darken your day with them) were totally unfounded.

M

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector on a clean install after I upgraded to Windows 2004,
Running Comodo Firewall the following happens when I install WiseVector StopX.

I believe @cruelsister raised with Comodo but just in case, you should be in contact with COMODO.

Here are the screenshots showing - Unrecognized files, wisevector being auto contained and blocked apps.

I also submitted the files to comodo as you can see on screenshot as well.
Hi,
Actually, we have contacted Comodo to whitelist WiseVector StopX in the end of September, please refer to the screenshot. Seems that it would be done with the next release of CIS. But we don't know what's The Next Release exactly mean, a totally new version or a release with a few updates? You have it updated to the latest, right? We will contact them again to ask for the details.
1.JPG

2.JPG

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Hi,
Actually, we have contacted Comodo to whitelist WiseVector StopX in the end of September, please refer to the screenshot. Seems that it would be done with the next release of CIS. But we don't know what's The Next Release exactly mean, a totally new version or a release with a few updates? You have it updated to the latest, right? We will contact them again to ask for the details.
View attachment 247331
View attachment 247332
They probably mean their database or if God forbid the beta release that is currently available. And no I'm not using latest stable or beta version of comodo. I'm using an older release since it's more stable. I'm using build 6882 ( I think that's the build, can't check as I'm not at home).
I'll do a clean comodo and wise install again on two systems (non VM) and let u know.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
They probably mean their database or if God forbid the beta release that is currently available. And no I'm not using latest stable or beta version of comodo. I'm using an older release since it's more stable. I'm using build 6882 ( I think that's the build, can't check as I'm not at home).
I'll do a clean comodo and wise install again on two systems (non VM) and let u know.
Thanks for your info. If we get anything new from Comodo, I will keep you posted.

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
Since there is no news or update for a while from WiseVector I´m still wondering what the status of this project/vendor is? As far as I remember WiseVector planned to release a paid premium version with more features. Honestly, the business model is still somewhat unclear to me. Do you plan to release also a version for small businesses with a management console or do you want to stick with home users only?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Since there is no news or update for a while from WiseVector I´m still wondering what the status of this project/vendor is? As far as I remember WiseVector planned to release a paid premium version with more features. Honestly, the business model is still somewhat unclear to me. Do you plan to release also a version for small businesses with a management console or do you want to stick with home users only?
Hi,
Thank you for your continued interest.
Now we are more concerned with improving technology, rather than rushing to commercialize WVSX.
We are working on Threat Remediation ( including Ransomware Rollback) and Network Threat Detection. After ensuring that these two features work well, we would like to release a paid premium version and we would not rule out the possibility of developing an enterprise version for small businesses with a management console.
Any advice or question, please feel free to contact me!:)

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
Hi,
Now we are more concerned with improving technology, rather than rushing to commercialize WVSX.
We are working on Threat Remediation ( including Ransomware Rollback) and Network Threat Detection. After ensuring that these two features work well, we would like to release a paid premium version and we would not rule out the possibility of developing an enterprise version for small businesses with a management console.
You are welcome and indeed, this is excellent news. I´m looking forward to the new version and a management console would be absolutely great. This would be even of interest for SOHO users. Just imagine you have to manage AV software on several endpoints within your family or for computers of friends. The only free AV which I´m aware of and does allow this is Sophos Home but there are also some restrictions (3 endpoints only).

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
Hi,
Thank you for the update.
This all sounds great and is a big step forward to your product.
Will StopX be registered in the security center in order to deactivate Defender if one chooses so?
Will the Network Threat Detection be a standalone firewall replacing windows firewall or will it work on top of windows firewall?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I´m looking forward to the new version and a management console would be absolutely great.
Actually, we feel hesitate to develop a management console, since it means user data will be stored on our servers, which would be very sensitive for some users ( you know the country we are in ). We will consider this carefully.
Will StopX be registered in the security center in order to deactivate Defender if one chooses so?
Will the Network Threat Detection be a standalone firewall replacing windows firewall or will it work on top of windows firewall?
There are a few things that need to be done as a priority before being registered in the security center, so please wait a while.
Our Network Threat Detection is standalone. Nothing associated with Windows Firewall.

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
Actually, we feel hesitate to develop a management console, since it means user data will be stored on our servers, which would be very sensitive for some users ( you know the country we are in ). We will consider this carefully.

May I suggest to consider hosting a management console/cloud in the EU with its strict GDPR policy? Nearly all major players let you choose where you want to have your data stored when you use their cloud versions, either in the US, Ireland or the EU.
There are a few things that need to be done as a priority before being registered in the security center, so please wait a while.
Our Network Threat Detection is standalone. Nothing associated with Windows Firewall.
As the name says I assume that it will detect network threats. Does this include also malicious payloads and things like that are transmitted via http(s)?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
May I suggest to consider hosting a management console/cloud in the EU with its strict GDPR policy? Nearly all major players let you choose where you want to have your data stored when you use their cloud versions, either in the US, Ireland or the EU.
Thanks! This might be a solution for us. If we decide to develop the management console we would like to do as you suggested.
As the name says I assume that it will detect network threats. Does this include also malicious payloads and things like that are transmitted via http(s)?
Since WiseVector StopX is AI based, it extracts feature from metadata, but not scan payloads. In this way, there are two advantages:1)Less resource usage. 2)It's not based on signatures, which is more powerful to detect Zero-day malware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.