Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

Xjoker

Level 1
Feb 19, 2020
Hello @WiseVector,

Could you please fix that false positive? Version of WinRAR 6.0.1. Thank you.

Καταγραφή.PNG

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi
@WiseVector Looking forward to the new 3.0 release. Any updated info for release date? And what new features will be free vs paid, do you have a comparison chart?
Hi Tutman,

Thanks for your interest in WVSX. The 3.0 beta version will be released in the next week. All features of WVSX are free during the testing period, so currently there is no comparison chart yet.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Wisevector at Wilders Security Forum and all the infos

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Hi@WiseVector,

I am using Avast Free now with its own Ransomware Shield. I read in your FAQ's that WV is incompatible with Avast Free. Is that still true?

If you resolved the incompatibility, would your Ransomware protection be better than Avast or act as a supplement to it meaning I should uninstall Avasts Shield instead?

What do you or anyone else using WiseVector with Avast think? Thanks.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi@WiseVector,

I am using Avast Free now with its own Ransomware Shield. I read in your FAQ's that WV is incompatible with Avast Free. Is that still true?

If you resolved the incompatibility, would your Ransomware protection be better than Avast or act as a supplement to it meaning I should uninstall Avasts Shield instead?

What do you or anyone else using WiseVector with Avast think? Thanks.

Hi SearchLight,

You can install Avast in compatible mode to run it with WVSX. There are not conflict between them.

You can rely on WVSX to protect against ransomware, and if you already have WVSX installed, there is no need to install other anti-ransomware programs.

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am using WD on one of my PC's set to HIGH with Configure Defender, alongside WVSX.
I have placed each one as an Exclusion in the other. Will this work to prevent any incompatibilities?
Meaning Windows Defender and WVSX can work together?

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
I am using WD on one of my PC's set to HIGH with Configure Defender, alongside WVSX.
I have placed each one as an Exclusion in the other. Will this work to prevent any incompatibilities?
Meaning Windows Defender and WVSX can work together?
This is the setup I have been using in one of my machines (both realtime with mutual exclusions) for the last 4 months.
No problems or slowdowns whatsoever.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

@WiseVector has posted the Download link for the Version 3 Beta on Wilders Securitsy Forum

3.0 beta version is out, you can download it at here: https://update2.wisevector.com/WiseVector_StopX_V30.exe

We will put the update log on the official website later。

With best Regards
Mops21

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Being that the version is still in Beta, based on some of the postings that I read from the Wilders link above, obviously there are some bugs so I will stay with version 2.73 for now. It appears that there are some additional features that have been added, too.

I guess the old addage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" does not apply here as WVStopX looks to be everything for all people. In other words, a one stop solution like MBAM tries to be as a security software.

Hopefully, the new version v3.0 will not present compatibility issues by itself or while working with other software. Maybe, WV will offer two versions: leave proven v2.73 as it is with updates to improve only that version's specific features for those who like its simplicity, and v3.0 for those who like added features(a paid version)? Time will tell.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.