Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Being that the version is still in Beta, based on some of the postings that I read from the Wilders link above, obviously there are some bugs so I will stay with version 2.73 for now. It appears that there are some additional features that have been added, too.

I guess the old addage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" does not apply here as WVStopX looks to be everything for all people. In other words, a one stop solution like MBAM tries to be as a security software.

Hopefully, the new version v3.0 will not present compatibility issues by itself or while working with other software. Maybe, WV will offer two versions: leave proven v2.73 as it is with updates to improve only that version's specific features for those who like its simplicity, and v3.0 for those who like added features(a paid version)? Time will tell.
A paid version will be available

“The new features are Web Protection, Application Network Access Control, NIDS and Manual Mode Hips. They are not for free.”

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi@WiseVector,

I am using Avast Free now with its own Ransomware Shield. I read in your FAQ's that WV is incompatible with Avast Free. Is that still true?

If you resolved the incompatibility, would your Ransomware protection be better than Avast or act as a supplement to it meaning I should uninstall Avasts Shield instead?

What do you or anyone else using WiseVector with Avast think? Thanks.
Hi,

More details...Avast free can be used safely with WV, just the file and web modules in Avast. This is the way that one user tried and we had tested.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I am using WD on one of my PC's set to HIGH with Configure Defender, alongside WVSX.
I have placed each one as an Exclusion in the other. Will this work to prevent any incompatibilities?
Meaning Windows Defender and WVSX can work together?
It is OK to run Windows Defender together with WiseVector StopX. But once Windows Defender detects a suspicious file, the file will be locked by Windows Defender and other AV cannot access to it, so there might be a misunderstanding that WiseVector StopX does nothing when threats occur.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector: hey! It seems You have forgotten this community a bit (compared "to others" who found out about WVSX long after) 😉
Hi harlan4096,
Absolutely not forgotten!My heart is always here!
Recently we have been working hard on the new version 3.0. Yesterday the beta 3.0 was released!
Keep in touch. My friend!:D

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
When you say compatible mode do you mean passive mode? If so surely that's relegating Avast to an on demand scanner rather than it offering real time protection.
Hi,
Avast free can be used safely with WV, just the file and web modules in Avast. This is the way that one user tried and we had tested.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Recently we have been working hard on the new version 3.0. Yesterday the beta 3.0 was released!
Could you tell us a little bit about the difference between auto, high and maximum security modes? What modes for HIPS and firewall do you recommend for the average user? It would also be interesting to learn about the firewall and web protection. Do they use machine learning? How does this approximately work? Has version 3 become much more effective with HIPS and the intrusion protection system?

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

And here is the Changelog from Wisevector 3.0 Beta

1. Added firewall, web protection, network intrusion detection.

2. Both HIPS and firewall support security level adjustment. Users can adjust the security level according to their needs.

3. Add support to write HIPS and firewall rules. Users can write rules according to their needs to get better protection.

4. Improved the process injection detection, added multiple multi-step models to detect malicious programs using advanced injection techniques.

5. Improved stealer malware detection, in addition to the already exists multi-step models, we added multiple single-step models based on artificial intelligence and reputation. When a program that is not trusted by the AI and trying to access the user’s sensitive data, such as username and password saved in the browser, cryptocurrency wallet data, etc. WiseVector StopX will prompt the user to allow or deny each operation detected. This is a good strategy against some stealer malware that utilized bat files, lnk files, Python scripts to harvest user’s data . Although the code of these malware is relatively simple, the attack is very tricky to detect by multi-step models.

6. Enhanced stability and reliability of behavior monitoring. For example, driver loading, Webcam access, scheduled task creation monitoring is more efficient and stable than before.

7. Other bug fixes.

Download at: https://update2.wisevector.com/WiseVector_StopX_V30.exe

Recommended for experienced users to download and test.

With best Regards
Mops21

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Hi,
Avast free can be used safely with WV, just the file and web modules in Avast. This is the way that one user tried and we had tested.
Thanks.. so when it comes to Avast Free's four core shields (File/Behaviour/Web/Mail) it's presumably the behaviour shield which causes the incompatibility? I've ignored the separate Avast Ransomware shield now included with Avast Free which is nothing to write home about anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: [correlate]

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Info about new FireWall and HIPS security levels: 智量3.0防火墙等级和主动防御等级介绍 |
And this is the contents:

Introducing the Firewall level and HIPS level​

Starting from WiseVector StopX 3.0, we decided to give more options to advanced users, who can write their own rules and adjust the security level to get personalized protection.

Firewall Level:
Block All: Blocks all network activity, recommend choosing when you walk away from your computer for a long time or if your computer is infected.
Maximum Security: Whitelisted programs will be allowed to access the network. The user will be prompted to allow or deny the connection for all other programs, including Microsoft's own programs. This mode has most pop-ups. It is recommended for experienced users.
High Security: Whitelisted programs will be allowed to access the network. The user will be prompted to take action for programs that are identified to be moderately suspicious by AI.
Automatic mode: Whitelisted programs will be allowed to access the network. The user will be prompted to take action for programs that are identified to be highly suspicious by AI.
Low-level Security: It relies entirely on the AI's independent judgment, and basically there will be no pop-ups.
Rules-based mode: Only match the rules written by the user, the connections will be allowed if it does not match any rule.

HIPS level:
All risky behaviors will be analyzed by the AI first, and if they are determined to be malicious, they will be terminated directly without prompting the user. Those events that are not automatically processed will proceed to the following levels,

Maximum Security: This is the strictest mode, which is very similar to the Default Deny mode provided by other security software. Where all risky behaviors are prompted to the user except for whitelisted programs. For example, running untrusted programs, running scripts, running PowerShell, creating startup items, creating scheduled tasks, accessing user's private data, accessing the camera, etc. In this mode, there are many pop-ups, so it is recommended for experienced users.
High Security: Whitelisted programs will be allowed. The user will be prompted to take action for programs that are identified to be moderately suspicious by AI.
Automatic mode: Whitelisted programs will be allowed. The user will be prompted to take action for programs that are identified to be highly suspicious by AI.
Low-level Security: The AI will judge the behavior completely by itself, basically there will be no pop-ups.
Rule-based mode: Only match the rules written by the user, the action will be allowed if it does not match any rule.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi everybody!
Here is the update log of beta V3.0:

WiseVector StopX V3.00 Beta​

June 21, 2021

1. Added firewall, web protection, network intrusion detection.

2. Both HIPS and firewall support security level adjustment. Users can adjust the security level according to their needs.

3. Add support to write HIPS and firewall rules. Users can write rules according to their needs to get better protection.

4. Improved the process injection detection, added multiple multi-step models to detect malicious programs using advanced injection techniques.

5. Improved stealer malware detection, in addition to the already exists multi-step models, we added multiple single-step models based on artificial intelligence and reputation. When a program that is not trusted by the AI and trying to access the user’s sensitive data, such as username and password saved in the browser, cryptocurrency wallet data, etc. WiseVector StopX will prompt the user to allow or deny each operation detected. This is a good strategy against some stealer malware that utilized bat files, lnk files, Python scripts to harvest user’s data . Although the code of these malware is relatively simple, the attack is very tricky to detect by multi-step models.

6. Enhanced stability and reliability of behavior monitoring. For example, driver loading, Webcam access, scheduled task creation monitoring is more efficient and stable than before.

7. Other bug fixes.

Download at: https://update2.wisevector.com/WiseVector_StopX_V30.exe

Recommended for experienced users to download and test.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Could you tell us a little bit about the difference between auto, high and maximum security modes? What modes for HIPS and firewall do you recommend for the average user? It would also be interesting to learn about the firewall and web protection. Do they use machine learning? How does this approximately work? Has version 3 become much more effective with HIPS and the intrusion protection system?
Hi,

Here is the introduction: Introducing the Firewall level and HIPS level

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
What modes for HIPS and firewall do you recommend for the average user?
The automatic mode is OK for the average user.
It would also be interesting to learn about the firewall and web protection. Do they use machine learning?
A part of NIDS is AI based.
Has version 3 become much more effective with HIPS and the intrusion protection system?
Of course this version has become much more effective with HIPS. Please refer to the update log: WiseVector StopX Release History

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
Did anyone install Beta 3.0 in a VM and can confirm that after a few minutes the VM seems to be freezing? I tried it with two VMs (VMware Workstation) and I have the same effect in both machines (one is older, the other one is a fresh and clean Windows 10 installation with the latest ISO from MS).

Reactions: [correlate]

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
how are the memory levels?
Do we need a clean install of wisevector
WV is about as light as it gets, and personally I would uninstall the old and just install the new. Both procedures are quick and clean.

And not that anyone should care, but I've been playing with the WVSX beta + CF (cruel) with CF set on Silent Mode. They really work nicely together (silent and light would be an understatement).

Mike- I've been running WV on VM's with Win 8.1 and Win10 utilizing varying the level of machine resource use and haven't had any issues at all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.