Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Running WVSX 303 with SAP Essentials(courtesy of a generous 😘MT giveaway) and all is good.

Even the free version of SAP along with WVSX would be more than enough imo.

From it`s first incarnation I have really liked WVSX`s ability to slide in alongside other security programs seamlessly.

No muss no fuss love it.

Regards Eck🙂

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Have you have tried a different order of install which sometimes can be a work around ?
Haven't bothered to be honest WVSX have been quite specific that Avast/AVG are incompatible unless you disable certain Avast core shields ~ web & behaviour if I remember rightly ~ which makes it bit of a waste of time as you'd be crippling Avast just to run a second, possibly overkill security layer.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Haven't bothered to be honest WVSX have been quite specific that Avast/AVG are incompatible unless you disable certain Avast core shields ~ web & behaviour if I remember rightly ~ which makes it bit of a waste of time as you'd be crippling Avast just to run a second, possibly overkill security layer.
It`s a pity because the web and behavior shields are the ones you would want running with WVSX...bummer.

Regards Eck:)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Anyone know how to add folders to document protection? I know you could do this in earlier versions.

Neither option giving let me do that

- Add File
- Add Directory

Reactions: [correlate]

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
See how I have it:

1640268236767.png1640268333355.png

Directory = Folder :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Okay, I think I discovered what the issue is.

In a standard user account, the directory option doesn’t work properly. It works similar to the “add file” option. So the user can’t add any folder.

This can be resolved by “Exit” WiseVector and then relaunching it with admin rights.

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
Seem Kaspersky Internet Security and WiseVector 3.0.3 hung on reboot. I have narrow it dow to system watcher. Disabling the system watcher, I can have both program running. Is there anyway get both KIS ans WSX to work with system wtacher enable?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Okay, I think I discovered what the issue is.

In a standard user account, the directory option doesn’t work properly. It works similar to the “add file” option. So the user can’t add any folder.

This can be resolved by “Exit” WiseVector and then relaunching it with admin rights.
Thanks for your feedback. This issue is confirmed. We will get it fixed in our next release.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Seem Kaspersky Internet Security and WiseVector 3.0.3 hung on reboot. I have narrow it dow to system watcher. Disabling the system watcher, I can have both program running. Is there anyway get both KIS ans WSX to work with system wtacher enable?
Hi,
We installed KIS 21.3.10.391 and enable the system watcher in Windows 10. WiseVector StopX is V3.03.
Reboot several times. But not reproduce the issue you have encountered.
Can you please tell what versions of KIS and WVSX you are using? And what is your OS?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.