Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Dolphiner

Level 1
Mar 1, 2022
Why would you need Wisevector ? ;) if you run Bitdefender.....
Sadly, BD can do nothing when facing malware that uses DirctSyscall, e.g., #Magniber. Also, DiskWriter can bypass BitDefender's Advanced Threat Defense easily, while WV can block both of them.
What's more, with Firewall and HIPS, WV is still free (at least for now), and much more lightweight.

So, though BD is good enough, I like WV better.😘

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Sadly, BD can do nothing when facing malware that uses DirctSyscall, e.g., #Magniber. Also, DiskWriter can bypass BitDefender's Advanced Threat Defense easily, while WV can block both of them.
What's more, with Firewall and HIPS, WV is still free (at least for now), and much more lightweight.

So, though BD is good enough, I like WV better.😘
Diskwriter is a very nasty little guy, no? A new batch (sadly mostly mal-coded) cane out the other day and WVSX's AI continues to detect/delete (with real-time disabled as otherwise there isn't much of a challenge).

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Wisevector causes NextDNS to stop working, this is the error I get with YogaDNS, configured using NextDNS, with Wisevector installed:
"Third party DNS filter detected on the system."
The regular NextDNS app doesnt work either, it just says it cant connect and the NextDNS dashboard says im connected to the DNS server that the router is configured to use.

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Wisevector causes NextDNS to stop working, this is the error I get with YogaDNS, configured using NextDNS, with Wisevector installed:
"Third party DNS filter detected on the system."
The regular NextDNS app doesnt work either, it just says it cant connect and the NextDNS dashboard says im connected to the DNS server that the router is configured to use.

I can confirm it.

DotNet

Level 1
Verified
Sep 4, 2017
I use YogaDNS and can confirm. I have been unable to WiseVector at all due to it causing DNS leaks. I also tried AdGuard for Windows DNS settings and set it to NextDNS. At first it looked like everything was good, but then I ran dnsleaktest.com extended test, and it was leaking again. I have NextDNS setup on the router as well. How can WiseVector be the only security program to change my DNS settings and no one at the company can figure this out? I really want to use WV but this unacknowledged security vulnerability is not a small thing. Many users who's lives depend on being anonymous put themselves at risk by using this Security solution.

DotNet

Level 1
Verified
Sep 4, 2017
I figured out how to edit the download link to get WV 2.73. It is installed and has no DNS leak. Something in the way they implemented the network driver, firewall, etc., in version 3.** is the cause. Enough on this from me as it is out of my depth of understanding. 2.73 runs great and it is a great complement to VoodooShield.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I really haven't done enough analysis of F-Secure Safe to give a meaningful answer. However rule of thumb is that there is seldom need for the simultaneous utilization of multiple products with similar defensive strategies (although the addition of the AI in WV as well as the developers obvious dedication to the product in my opinion gives WVSX the advantage).

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I really haven't done enough analysis of F-Secure Safe to give a meaningful answer. However rule of thumb is that there is seldom need for the simultaneous utilization of multiple products with similar defensive strategies (although the addition of the AI in WV as well as the developers obvious dedication to the product in my opinion gives WVSX the advantage).
Thank you for your prompt reply :)

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector idk what i did, but the option to scan from the context menu is missing for me, what should i do ?
please enter cmd and input regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt_X64.dll" if your OS is 64bit; Input regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt.dll" if your OS is 32bit.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
how does WV play with tend micro? And Is the wv FIREWALL good enough to compensate the lack of it in TM?

LittleDude

Level 2
Verified
Jun 17, 2014
What exactly does Web Proection do? It reduces my internet speed by something like 15-25%.
I also found when testing that if I untick a setting I have to exit WV and restart it to get it to "unload" the process I have just stopped. When trying to find what setting was the issue this made the process of elimination a lot longer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.