Wisevector StopX 3.03 V's 1000 .exe Samples

Dolphiner

Level 1
Mar 1, 2022
It was easy for me to verify that Wisevector does not detect them. And I'm not sharing my findings with anyone here - people here all upset because their favorite security software turns out to not be so good. I submitted to Wisevector and gave them 90 days to fix. If they don't then I will dump the findings to the net. This is standard industry practice.
Thank you for replying. A small question, were the samples collected from the wild or made by yourself?

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I submitted to Wisevector and gave them 90 days to fix. If they don't then I will dump the findings to the net. This is standard industry practice.
Its okay for WV to not detect 100% of threats. no product can do that and we all know that. Malware Hub shows that WV can protect a system better than many big names so stop harassing it.

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

Thank you for replying. A small question, were the samples collected from the wild or made by yourself?
I already said I was not going to share the details. Besides, whether a pentester creates their own attack or they use malware found in the wild, a bypass is still a bypass.
How do you know WV is not good against non exe files? Don't push your opinion as fact. ty :)
Wisevector acknowledged receipt and confirmed my findings. They sure don't seem to think it is merely opinion.

Its okay for WV to not detect 100% of threats. no product can do that and we all know that. Malware Hub shows that WV can protect a system better than many big names so stop harassing it.
Malware Hub is not professional testing. All the software that you people state are great based upon Malware Hub testing can be bypassed.

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

Here he is again , bluffing and showing no evidence or whatsoever at all. Please kid , go back to school
I really don't care what you think. I am under no obligation to prove anything to you, nor do I care to do so.

Try harder.

• HaHa
Reactions: Behold Eck

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
I really don't care what you think. I am under no obligation to prove anything to you, nor do I care to do so.

Try harder.
Isn't the whole point of a forum such as this that information is shared & tested? Why don't you post some examples on the main WiseVector thread - WiseVector Free AI Driven Security - so that the developer can directly respond and we all share from any insight they may have to the issues you've found (or believe you've found). Although you state that you don't care what others think the fact that you bothered to post at all suggests the opposite :)

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
Just a heads up to the people in this forum. Ignore this lothar91 guy totally. The more you reply to his posts the more he'll start trolling you. He's just a troll who likes to comment without any proof. Just don't bother replying to him and ignore anything that he says. Peace out everyone. ✌️:emoji_beer:

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

You make claims, but you're under no obligation to prove them. So, we just take your word for it? I think not,
Nobody has to prove anything to any of you here. There is tons of discussion here and elsewhere, and nobody demands proof. The only reason people here keep demanding proof is that they don't like what is being said. Plain and simple.

If you even bothered to look, I already stated that I submitted the test results and a full explanation to Wisevector and they sent me a confirmation of my findings. I am doing people like you a favor. Maybe from now on I will just sell my findings on the dark web (which pays well) instead of making submissions to an antivirus vendor that does not pay.

Try harder.
Right... but your tests that you don't even want to publish are professional? 😄
I have 30+ years of both programming and pentesting experience. When you reach the point where you can charge a minimum of 2,000 Euros to test each MITRE TTP, then you can call yourself an expert.

Lots of researchers and pentesters do not publish their findings as a matter of policy. You don't even know how the industry works. And not one of you knows anything about me. There's people on this forum that keep saying I'm this person or that person and they are not even close. But, hey, it's their right to be wrong. I just wonder if they are naturally good at being wrong, or if they go out of their way to be wrong. Either way, they can make all the false accusations they want.

"Provide a pic or it didn't happen" is how you people operate. The industry just laughs at you.
Just a heads up to the people in this forum. Ignore this lothar91 guy totally. The more you reply to his posts the more he'll start trolling you. He's just a troll who likes to comment without any proof. Just don't bother replying to him and ignore anything that he says. Peace out everyone. ✌️:emoji_beer:
There is no trolling. Just statements of fact. You people have a coping problem - a problem coping with things you do not like.
Perhaps go troll another forum.

/s
There is no trolling. Just statements of fact. You people have a coping problem - a problem coping with things you do not like.

That is another statement of fact. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I am not sure who this forum thinks this lothar91is but if it were to be either Umbra or Lockdown, yes they do know what they are talking about.

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
I am not sure who this forum thinks this lothar91is but if it were to be either Umbra or Lockdown, yes they do know what they are talking about.
Lockdown and Umbra always knew what they were talking about and they always helped out the other members. Their knowledge about security products was commendable. This guy is just a troll who doesn't have any proofs but just keeps on trolling.

• Applause
Reactions: Behold Eck
F

ForgottenSeer 94654

I am neither Umbra or Lockdown, whomever those individuals are.

What you are seeing is typical hive-minded mob mentality. They do not care about evidence. Anybody with even a bit of intelligence and common sense knows that if I do provide evidence, these people will say it is all wrong. These people are interested in wasting my time. Not facts. Not truth.

And they'll just keep calling it trolling only because they are closed-minded and cannot conceive of the possibility that they are wrong and what is being said is 100% correct. It's a good thing that Wisevector staff are not interested in an echo chamber like the people here want.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 69673

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015

What you are seeing is typical hive-minded mob mentality. They do not care about evidence. Anybody with even a bit of intelligence and common sense knows that if I do provide evidence, these people will say it is all wrong. These people are interested in wasting my time. Not facts. Not truth.

And they'll just keep calling it trolling only because they are closed-minded and cannot conceive of the possibility that they are wrong and what is being said is 100% correct. It's a good thing that Wisevector staff are not interested in an echo chamber like the people here want.

The thing is, you are trolling. You state what you believe are facts, and show zero proof. Then other forum members who do malware testing and put time and effort into it, you crap all over their testing or their abilities etc. Imho, either put up or shut up. Don't have such an elitist attitude and folks around here may take you more seriously. Everyone is at different levels of knowledge here, some more, some less. There is no need for you to judge anyone here, it is not a contest. Forum members come here to learn and share knowledge, something you have failed to do since joining the forums.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I do hear what you are saying and to me, you don't sound like a troublemaking troll. But then again that is just me.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I miss Umbra. Although we rarely agreed it was always interesting.
Hello Dear, I was wondering, did you ever find a way to mess with Shadow Defender? I am also planning on posting to my Lotus Flower thread soon on my findings on a woman that had hair DNA tested for any sort of drugs. She was a Royal dancer and harp player.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.