TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
For future protection I can recommend you:
- Adblock --> https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome
- Unchecky --> http://unchecky.com/

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Reactions: sinbowden

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.

Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.

• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

sinbowden

Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
Done, tuvaro is still there. Thank you for your continued help btw. :) Much appreciated.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 63
  • AdwCleaner[R0].txt
    1 KB · Views: 61

sinbowden

Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
Its currntly set to https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl yet Tuvaro is the page that loads every time I start fire fox and Google Chrome. When I start IE it takes a wile to open and loads a blank page. I set the defalt page in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main default page as google.com but nothing loads. I'm not sure how Tuvaro keeps reintegrating itself as my default search engine on my web browsers. When I install programs I never select additional software or offers and usually do custom installations. I use add blockers and installed the ones you suggested.

sinbowden

Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
FRST logs...

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    122.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Addition.txt
    44.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Shortcut.txt
    248.1 KB · Views: 426

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Comodo is still running along with Microsoft. I have already told you to uninstall two, and leave only one.

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Tell me how is computer after this?

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 67

sinbowden

Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
Tuvaro still persists when I open firefox and Google Chrome. Also blank black "DOS" box similar to the "CMD" box named Taskeng.exe opens quickly then closes.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 53

sinbowden

Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
three fresh logs

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    118.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Shortcut.txt
    248.1 KB · Views: 594
  • Addition.txt
    43.3 KB · Views: 93

sinbowden

Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
I removed Norton with the un-installation link you gave me. is their another? Are you talking about Malwarebytes and or Microsoft security essentials? MSE should be disabled should I uninstall Malwarebytes?

sinbowden

Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
WARNING: I noticed you have more than one antivirus installed.

Never install more than one Antivirus! Rather than giving you extra protection, it will decrease the reliability of it seriously! The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, your system may lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time. Also because more than one Antivirus installed are not compatible with each other, it can cause system performance problems and a serious system slowdown.

Please uninstall either Norton or Comodo or Microsoft.

PC seems clean, now is the situation now?

Microsoft SE is disabled an uninstalled. Malwarebytes uninstalled beacuse the Realtime Protection conflicts with CIS. Is this good?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.