Jun 3, 2014

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Just in-house engine.

History->Logs Check the lastest update log.

I'll check that and fix on next build.

Hi @Dani Santos

Thank you very much for your answers

Any Infos for the Cloud scan function / Feature

And can you check that please that the Loading the scanner take some minutes about 2 minutes is that right

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: Andrew999
C

CySecy825

XVIRUS 2.PNG

Guick Scan take a lot of time even highest priority

USB Protection is buggy you need to check it

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

Thank you very much for your answers

Any Infos for the Cloud scan function / Feature

And can you check that please that the Loading the scanner take some minutes about 2 minutes is that right

With best Regards
Mops21

I'm trying to make add a cloud scan function but I dont have enough money for a expensive server to handle it. It may take some minutes to load the scan because it is getting the info about all the files it will scan.

View attachment 80794
Guick Scan take a lot of time even highest priority

USB Protection is buggy you need to check it

Thanks

I'll try to improve the scan speed. I already found the usb protection bug you mentioned. I'll release the fix on tomorrow's build.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
how often do you send out signature updates to me it feels like every 2 days. I think if you don't have a cloud scan function you should be sending your signature updates out more regularly.

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
how often do you send out signature updates to me it feels like every 2 days. I think if you don't have a cloud scan function you should be sending your signature updates out more regularly.

Regards,
Andrew
I try to send out everyday. But dev + updating the database takes a lot of time and I'm very busy latelly

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
ok thats fine I would rather you develop the program more than virus database updates. Does it help if I submit samples does it take a lot of time to add the samples into the database? Also I think you are doing a awesome job especially if you are doing it on your own.

Regards,
Andrew
Thanks but of course there are people helping me when they can :p . If you want submit samples to the email "samples@mysecuritywin.com" compressed (zip,7zip or rar) with the password "infected". I check it almost everyday. It is easier to check than the website submissions.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
the weird thing is that when you upload a file to cloud.mysecuritywin.com and scan it most of the time it says it is safe even though it is detected by Xvirus Personal Guard.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I don't know if it is just a setting or just my computer but I was playing a game today and suddenly I got minimized to my desktop and I saw a popup message saying Xvirus is already up to date. I didn't even click update and it showed the popup message. I don't mind getting popups but if I am playing games or in full screen mode I don't like it.

Regards,
Andrew

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
I'm trying to make add a cloud scan function but I dont have enough money for a expensive server to handle it. It may take some minutes to load the scan because it is getting the info about all the files it will scan.

I'll try to improve the scan speed. I already found the usb protection bug you mentioned. I'll release the fix on tomorrow's build.

Okay thank you very much for your answers and for your infos

With best Regards
Mops21

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
the weird thing is that when you upload a file to cloud.mysecuritywin.com and scan it most of the time it says it is safe even though it is detected by Xvirus Personal Guard.

It doesn't incluide the heuristics database.

I don't know if it is just a setting or just my computer but I was playing a game today and suddenly I got minimized to my desktop and I saw a popup message saying Xvirus is already up to date. I didn't even click update and it showed the popup message. I don't mind getting popups but if I am playing games or in full screen mode I don't like it.

Regards,
Andrew

Try using gamemode when you are playing. That will prevent all popups.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

When a File is detected by the File Guard can you add the Option to send/Report the detected File to you please

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: Dani Santos

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

Can you add this please see on my screenshot into the red circle please

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Xvirus Personal Guard 6 Beta 03.jpg
    Xvirus Personal Guard 6 Beta 03.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 361
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.