Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Dani Santos

Where can I turn on the cloud scan

With best Regards
Mops21

On settings>Protection settings>behavior guard.

See my screenshot for it

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Xvirus Personal Guard 6 01.jpg
    Xvirus Personal Guard 6 01.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 389
Reactions: Dani Santos

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Nowadays most computer have minimum 4gb of ram so that isn't that much, and the ram usually is around 100-300mb not 400.

Just right click the file in the Threats Found form.
why should i use about 300 MB of the system ram for this ?????? i would use it for something else like MS word or even Chrome why ?

W

Wave

why should i use about 300 MB of the system ram for this ?????? i would use it for something else like MS word or even Chrome why ?
Many other security products use little tricks via Win32 API calls and other methods of storing things in memory as an attempt to conceal the real overall memory usage. The difference between Xvirus Personal Guard and some other security products which are more popular (but I will not name-drop) is that Xvirus doesn't make itself appear to be using less than 100MB RAM when it's really using far more, tricking users into believing it's "super lightweight"...

...which brings me to another point: security products shouldn't be lying and fooling their customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
300 MB of RAM usage really isn't that bad compared to other products out there - many other security products use little tricks via Win32 API calls and other methods of storing things in memory as an attempt to conceal the real overall memory usage. The difference between Xvirus Personal Guard and some other security products which are more popular (but I will not name-drop) is that Xvirus doesn't make itself appear to be using less than 100MB RAM when it's really using far more, tricking users into believing it's "super lightweight"...

...which brings me to another point: security products shouldn't be lying and fooling their customers.
You are way far from the reality ! .. let's say that this little program have a high memory usage (RAM ) and compared to the other software out there i mean the real antivirus and malware this here don't have even 10% of the functionality of the big software groups.. (i mean functions like HIPS ,Self DEFENSE,IP PROTECTION ,Anti Ransomware ,WEB protection not web protection by etc:Host File i mean the reall driver thing when you get on the top of the system and protect it ...< Good and low performance Database that don't have about 600k i mean 7 million or more like located to the usher PC and many more tips and to provide the usher with real protection not some Scanning engine based on MD5 and FileSystemWatcher... so please stop thinking that this program is on the top level or even will be there with this high usage of CPU and RAM ) .... Don't get this opinion to hard it's my opinion and keep the good work i mean the DEV and his team if he have one ....
Just take it really Sirius let's say that my pc is old then i have not more than 2 GB ram or even 4 believe me Chrome eats all of it :D like every other web browser so i do not have the place for something that will eat more 300mb i need them so i can work and make some money (Like for getting new PC :D) im not a pro but i am a normal usher that in the last months read a lot of things and experience much more over the years ! And i think this will help you a lot with the program in future ! ...
jsut don't get angry or mad this is the place that every each of us need to tell to persons like the DEV the truth so he can think it out so everyone to be like not perfect but glad to use it !

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
You are way far from the reality ! .. let's say that this little program have a high memory usage (RAM ) and compared to the other software out there i mean the real antivirus and malware this here don't have even 10% of the functionality of the big software groups.. (i mean functions like HIPS ,Self DEFENSE,IP PROTECTION ,Anti Ransomware ,WEB protection not web protection by etc:Host File i mean the reall driver thing when you get on the top of the system and protect it ...< Good and low performance Database that don't have about 600k i mean 7 million or more like located to the usher PC and many more tips and to provide the usher with real protection not some Scanning engine based on MD5 and FileSystemWatcher... so please stop thinking that this program is on the top level or even will be there with this high usage of CPU and RAM ) .... Don't get this opinion to hard it's my opinion and keep the good work i mean the DEV and his team if he have one ....
Just take it really Sirius let's say that my pc is old then i have not more than 2 GB ram or even 4 believe me Chrome eats all of it :D like every other web browser so i do not have the place for something that will eat more 300mb i need them so i can work and make some money (Like for getting new PC :D) im not a pro but i am a normal usher that in the last months read a lot of things and experience much more over the years ! And i think this will help you a lot with the program in future ! ...
jsut don't get angry or mad this is the place that every each of us need to tell to persons like the DEV the truth so he can think it out so everyone to be like not perfect but glad to use it !
I get your point, but to be honest you could have expressed yourself far better without attacking his software like that. :confused:

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
I get your point, but to be honest you could have expressed yourself far better without attacking his software like that. :confused:
why this is my opinion and i am not writing this for bad just the DEV to understand that this type of work is not going to be for his grownup .. i am sorry if i heart his fillings but this is some opinion witch is truth so i don't think that i am some way mad with my worlds no i just want to help him realize the problem .!

and like i say i am not a professional in this kind of developing or thinking. i am just an normal usher who reads a lot !
so if it's to me i will help !

Last edited:
W

Wave

Calm, calm! (I'm not against you & I don't want to argue - I was just stating a point that a lot of other security software conceal their real usage)! :)

In all honesty I do actually agree with a lot of points in that post of yours and I also think that .NET is definitely not a language for a security product (it doesn't provide the necessary control IMO) - and an MD5 hash detection with a FileSystemWatcher (which has a lot of bugs in itself) is not the way to go for a security product, period. There is always room for optimisation, too.

As far as I am aware, the developer is working on studying more lower-level languages like C/C++ which he can use to turn around the project development of Xvirus Personal Guard and turn it into something much more useful (not sure when he will be on MT to view this but feel free to correct me), but we should remember that developing things takes time and he is a single developer working on this project alone, I'm sure he will take the points you mentioned in your post and address them to help him improve his product. :)

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Calm, calm! (I'm not against you & I don't want to argue - I was just stating a point that a lot of other security software conceal their real usage)! :)

In all honesty I do actually agree with a lot of points in that post of yours and I also think that .NET is definitely not a language for a security product (it doesn't provide the necessary control IMO) - and an MD5 hash detection with a FileSystemWatcher (which has a lot of bugs in itself) is not the way to go for a security product, period. There is always room for optimisation, too.

As far as I am aware, the developer is working on studying more lower-level languages like C/C++ which he can use to turn around the project development of Xvirus Personal Guard and turn it into something much more useful (not sure when he will be on MT to view this but feel free to correct me), but we should remember that developing things takes time and he is a single developer working on this project alone, I'm sure he will take the points you mentioned in your post and address them to help him improve his product. :)
i agree with you !!! and you are right about the working on new coding platforms !

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
i agree with you !!! and you are right about the working on new coding platforms !
Everyone has to start somewhere and I started with vb. Is it perfect? No, but at least i did a real working anti-malware engine that may not help people like you, but it might be helpful for other people. I can give you the example of malware bytes, that also started using vb and now is one of the biggest anti-malware scanning engines there is.

BTW, I know what I am doing i don't need your rant to know that... Peace!

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Everyone has to start somewhere and I started with vb. Is it perfect? No, but at least i did a real working anti-malware engine that may not help people like you, but it might be helpful for other people. I can give you the example of malware bytes, that also started using vb and now is one of the biggest anti-malware scanning engines there is.

BTW, I know what I am doing i don't need your rant to know that... Peace!
you are right dude just keep the work going sorry if my word are ruff or something like that i just want some logical answer
and i get it ! so keep it up and get much more up!!

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
New Xvirus Personal Guard 6.0.1
Download

Changelog:
Improved USB guard;
Usb guard now detects external hdd;
Password protection settings fixed;
You can now right click malware in the threats found tab;
Fixed Xvirus web guard;
Auto updates fixed;
Bugs fixed.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
New Xvirus Personal Guard 6.0.2
Download

Changelog:
Improved cloud scan;
Fixed a bug that prevents xvirus from deleting malware;
Improved stability;
Bugs fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.