Firefox Portable
Vivaldi Standalone 64 Bits
Maintenance tools
Windows 10 Inbuilt
File and Photo backup
FreeFileSync
System recovery
Veeam Endpoint Backup
(Currently Backup on Another Partition Only)
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Win 10 64 fresh install.
Comodo Internet Security Suite
Win FW disabled
Win Defender disabled

I have customized quite a few settings...mentioned in the thread below---
My Win 10 customization - Experts suggestion needed.

Occasionally & after Windows Updates I check if any settings are changed or reverted back by Windows.

Yet I have noticed the following changes in the settings---
Win FW - Guest/Public Networks - was enabled...after disabling again it didn't happen again.
Privacy - Other Devices - was enabled...after disabling again it didn't happen again.
Privacy - Background Apps - 1-2 apps were enabled...after disabling again it didn't happen again.

Any changes you have noticed?

Reactions: Logethica

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Looks great, nothing to add, CIS is making its slowly overall improvements.

Comodo leaves a lot of room for tweaking and setting for max protection against zero day! Its in the firewall and the sandbox is getting better too.

Update:

Oh default, yeah ONE Firewall setting should be changed from Internet to Any ... and you should be even safer,

but it might be fine how it is, if you never really been hit and you're are a safe surfer and frequently update :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Likely I think Comodo AV deserves to be recognize, prior on the video posted; the detection capabilities are well manage just its supporting components should take care for it. Actually for sure some users didn't notice as its primary misconception where Comodo AV is not totally good.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Uninstalled uBlock... Installed uBlock Origin
Portable Vivaldi - I like this browser. TP4 runs fine. Vivaldi is promising...has potential... & stable/final release could replace my main browser Chrome.

By the way, why "Edit Thread Details" is now not available on first post?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author

Attachments

• MT.png
    MT.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 461
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Uninstalled Comodo Internet Security.

Trying Avast Free with Aggressive Hardened Mode. Running fine on Win 10 64.

About Avast ads/popups - Blocked outbound connection for AvastUI in Windows FW.
Everythings working fine i.e Realtime/WebShield alerts, databases/streaming updates, hardened mode alerts, etc...
Only thing I noticed... help link from GUI mention you are offline so offline only content available.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Nico,

I gather from the thread you know everything about Norton, Sophos & Eset.
I have Norton Security & Eset Smart Security license. I am planning to format & reinstall Win 10 64.
What you recommend & why?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Quite a few changes here. Removed quite a few software.

Added software -

Norton Security
Firefox
Firefox Add-on - Zenmate Premium & Google Translator by Andy Portmen.
Cyberfox Portable
Microsoft Office 2016 Standalone Volume (Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
Internet Download Manager
DnsJumper
Zemana Antimalware Portable
HDSentinel Pro Portable
HWiNFO64
Rufus
Pidgen
Google DNS

By the way I am not able to edit thread fields of my config. After edit on hitting save I get something went wrong everytime.
Plzz look into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alkajak

Thread author
By the way I am not able to edit thread fields of my config. After edit on hitting save I get something went wrong everytime.
Plzz look into this.

Nice changes. The "something went wrong" is usually a missing field. I know that when you hit the Edit Thread Fields button, it empties fields that you've already filled before (OS, architecture, last malware infection, ad/tracker blocking, etc). Take a quick look and make sure it's all filled out.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Nice changes. The "something went wrong" is usually a missing field. I know that when you hit the Edit Thread Fields button, it empties fields that you've already filled before (OS, architecture, last malware infection, ad/tracker blocking, etc). Take a quick look and make sure it's all filled out.
I checked its all filled. Dont know why the error?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am not able to edit thread fields of my config. After edit on hitting save I get something went wrong everytime.

Any info?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
First post updated with quite a few changes & also laptop changed too so summary of the laptop in use now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.