YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki steps down after nine years at the helm

Orchid

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 27, 2023
YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki is stepping down from her post, she announced in an email sent to employees that YouTube posted publicly on Thursday. Wojcicki has been at Google for nearly 25 years but will be stepping back to “start a new chapter focused on my family, health, and personal projects I’m passionate about.”

Neal Mohan, currently YouTube’s chief product officer, will be taking over as head of the video streaming service. After serving as Google’s senior vice president of display and video ads for many years, Mohan joined YouTube in 2015 and has been one of Wojcicki’s primary lieutenants ever since. According to Wojcicki, Mohan played “pivotal roles” in the development of several YouTube products, including YouTube TV, YouTube Music, Premium, and Shorts, and also led the company’s trust and safety team.

I don't know how I feel about this. YouTube has been going downhill (in my opinion). YouTube is not like it once was in the past. Most of the features that Neal Mohan had implemented, such as shorts, YouTube Music and Premium, are features that I never use. I don't think YouTube will change/run differently with this new CEO.

YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki steps down after nine years at the helm.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Not sure if it was up to Susan, but Youtube in the last few years especially has had a lot more censorship and has been going downhill quite a lot. Another thing is there has been way more ads then back in the day.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

censorship.
During the past 30 years the main concern was diminishing privacy.

Now the world has moved into a new era where censorship is considered acceptable. They'll all argue that it is to fight against "misinformation" and "fascists" to justify their censorship.

Reactions: brambedkar59

Orchid

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 27, 2023
With all of the censorship going on and the downgrade of content on YouTube, I have been searching for alternatives. Some of the good YouTube creators I watched have migrated or moved to Odysee. Odysee is like YouTube but without ads and no corporate content. Internet users won't find News Channels, clips of Late Night Shows, or Music Videos here. However, for some Content Creators that stick to YouTube, I use FreeTube (a private YouTube client). FreeTube doesn't send any information about what you watch to YouTube/Google and shows no ads when watching a YouTube video. FreeTube or Odysee might be an interest to some of you.

References
Odysee
FreeTube

Reactions: Andrew999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.