Advice Request Zemana anti-logger is it any good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Abzec5

Thread author
Dec 24, 2020
Hi all,
I trialed spyshelter premium before and the 14 day trial seems great besides that fact that presumably HIPS blocks the classic start menu and the exclusions barely work. It ran out now I'm trying Zemana trial, except for the keystroke protection (garbled text on the spyshelter test) it failed to detect or protect against any of spyshelters other tests. Avast also didn't detect the test as spyware but that could be because it's a safe trusted test, mbam thankfully did with file shield and also the scan.

Zemana claims it detects and blocks actual keyloggers, I don't know about the detection rate their is limited info online, however for spyshelters test alone, it doesn't seem to provide any of the features spysheter offers like clipboard, webcam, or sound protection.

What are your thoughts on this? I am guessing Zemana basically detects/blocks keyloggers and removes them, kinda like an extension of an existing security setup it seems to play well with both avast/mbam, no exclusions, but doesn't have a "module" to protect from webcam access or sound logging or whatever but I guess you can't base everything off one test.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Zemana has pretty much been abandonded, and specialized anti keylogger software is obselete and outdated, keyloggers should be one of the most easy to detect malware for AV's, and even if one slips trough if you use an decent enough firewall it should be able to stop it from contacting its C&C server.

Abzec5

Thread author
Dec 24, 2020
Zemana has pretty much been abandonded, and specialized anti keylogger software is obselete and outdated, keyloggers should be one of the most easy to detect malware for AV's.
Is this true? MBAM pro's keylogger or spyware detection seems great, idk about avast. I could get Zemana free for the keystroke encryption, but at the end of the day as far as I can see keyloggers can still take screenshots and detect sound on my pc.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Is this true? MBAM pro's keylogger or spyware detection seems great, idk about avast. I could get Zemana free for the keystroke encryption, but at the end of the day as far as I can see keyloggers can still take screenshots and detect sound on my pc.

True is that Zemana can be considered as abandonware, when was the time of the latest product update... ;)

According to your security config, you using both Avast & Malwarebytes Premium, that's more than enough as protection against malware as keylogger!

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello,
There's also free LMT Antilogger. which protects against keyloggers, screenloggers, clipboard loggers, webcam protection etc.
Developer of this software is member here in MT. Latest update was 6.12.2020. I don't know if its still actively developed.
If you decide to install it, you should disable all the other protection modules but, antikeylogger, antiscreenlogger, anticlipboardlogger, webcam protection.

Also its recommended to make a backup before installing this, because it might or not, conflict with Avast & MBAM Combo.

Kind regards,
-sepik

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I send a e mail zemana support 3 days ago . This year they will release the zemana antivirus . zemana antivirus will also have antiloger features and web protection.

Zemana's new developers said the same story even the latest years, seriously nobody can be sure about a new release of Zemana AV/AM

Abzec5

Thread author
Dec 24, 2020
Hello,
There's also free LMT Antilogger. which protects against keyloggers, screenloggers, clipboard loggers, webcam protection etc.
Developer of this software is member here in MT. Latest update was 6.12.2020. I don't know if its still actively developed.
If you decide to install it, you should disable all the other protection modules but, antikeylogger, antiscreenlogger, anticlipboardlogger, webcam protection.

Also its recommended to make a backup before installing this, because it might or not, conflict with Avast & MBAM Combo.

Kind regards,
-sepik
Just installed it. Antikeylogger blocks all keystrokes, except ones in whitelist I don't think there's a tunnel. Screenlogger is a little glitchy but it's the same with SS, clipboard logger prevents copying/pasting which is a little inconvenient, webcam blocks webcam. Not super ease of access...

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Just installed it. Antikeylogger blocks all keystrokes, except ones in whitelist I don't think there's a tunnel. Screenlogger is a little glitchy but it's the same with SS, clipboard logger prevents copying/pasting which is a little inconvenient, webcam blocks webcam. Not super ease of access...
Hallo,
clipboard logger prevents copying/pasting which is a little inconvenient
When you uses Anti Clipboard logger, you need to use the virtual keyboard that comes with the software to be able to paste the copied content.
1611721383011.png

Antikeylogger blocks all keystrokes
What language is your keyboard in, currently my software only supports English keyboard.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I send a e mail zemana support 3 days ago . This year they will release the zemana antivirus . zemana antivirus will also have antiloger features and web protection.
I wouldn't hold your breath :) . They have a long history of saying this sort of thing and not delivering. Zemana Antilogger used to be excellent but was abandoned years ago. What followed was promise after promise of new versions and products which never materialised. This thread shows some of that history:

And for those of you who think it doesn't really need updating because it's cloud based, have a look at post #56 on page 3 from @ForgottenSeer 58943 regarding their cloud 'system'. Doesn't exactly instill much confidence. My advice would be to steer well clear of Zemana.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.