Hello,
I am sorry if my post is under the wrong topic and please excuse my English.

Can we please clarify the issue about the Zemana Anti Malware scanning engines. Does it really use the Eset engine

Thank you very much,
Alp

Parsh

Level 24
AV-Tester
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
The old and the only ones known:
download.png
The engines are most likely still from the following Metascan 16 package:
Untitled.png
Here's a similar thread that has long discussions and yet-to-be-solved doubts. Check out post #9 and #19. Things (regarding the engines) might have changed lately.
1 thing is for sure, they use their in-house engine that includes 'Pandora Technology' for real-time protection, besides other engines for real-time and on-demand scan.

Arequire

Level 21
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
these are the engines that zemana suposed to use , according to someone who posted a thread over at wilders :

• AVG (Avast)
  • Avira
  • Bitdefender
  • Kaspersky
  • Eset
  • Zemana
I wouldn't doubt these. If they're picking the top 5 engines out of those 16 I'd probably go for these exact ones too.
Keep in mind that Emsisoft, nProtect, Total Defence and Quick Heal all use Bitdefender's engine themselves which pretty much rules them out when you can get the majority of their signatures straight from the source.

The old and the only ones known:
View attachment 149019
The engines are most likely still from the following Metascan 16 package:
View attachment 149020
Here's a similar thread that has long discussions and yet-to-be-solved doubts. Check out post #9 and #19. Things (regarding the engines) might have changed lately.
1 thing is for sure, they use their in-house engine that includes 'Pandora Technology' for real-time protection, besides other engines for real-time and on-demand scan.
Thank you very much.

Slyguy

Level 39
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
This interests me as well. As noted in my other thread, we've seen a pretty big decline in Zemana detections. Also it seems to no longer be detecting threats that Kaspersky, Avira and Eset detect.

I'm beginning to think Zemana has moved to their in-house engine or something and it concerns me.