Assigned Zemana Assistance Thread

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello to all!

In this thread you can ask help for infections that Zemana cannot remove and we will help you to remove them manually.

Please specify in your posts the infections name (e.g. hxxp://annoyingsitehijacker.com hijacker) and which Zemana product you are using.

Thank you.

dabluez98

Level 3
Verified
Oct 2, 2018
Hello to all!

In this thread you can ask help for infections that Zemana cannot remove and we will help you to remove them manually.

Please specify in your posts the infections name (e.g. hxxp://annoyingsitehijacker.com hijacker) and which Zemana product you are using.

Thank you.

off topic but i will not install zemana again it was so difficult to remove it i had to resort to third party applications. well known issue that was not resolved. need to have respect for customers.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
off topic but i will not install zemana again it was so difficult to remove it i had to resort to third party applications. well known issue that was not resolved. need to have respect for customers.
Hello, you didn't manage to remove Zemana or a malware infection? Thank you.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Zemana detects this on my PC which certainly seems like false positives. No other products detect this. Not sure what's wrong with my internet settings. Everything looks alright. Those extensions are not malicious too, specially Plasma Browser Integration.

Reactions: harlan4096

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
View attachment 211816
Zemana detects this on my PC which certainly seems like false positives. No other products detect this. Not sure what's wrong with my internet settings. Everything looks alright. Those extensions are not malicious too, specially Plasma Browser Integration.
If there is any false positives hit the arrow next to 'Delete' then hit report or false positive. This will send it to the Lab Team, and if it is a false positive they will add it to the whitelist.

• +Reputation
Reactions: stefanos

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
View attachment 211816
Hello, could you please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, make a scan and attach here FRST.txt and Addition.txt?
Thank you very much!

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Attachments

• FRST_03-04-2019 16.47.32.txt
    108.7 KB · Views: 482
  • Addition_03-04-2019 16.47.32.txt
    73.6 KB · Views: 474

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Thanks, here are the files you asked for. Zemana also detects mycroftproject's search plugins.

Ok thanks, reported.
View attachment 211820
Please download fixlist.txt file attached in this post and save it in the same folder you have FRST executable and FRST.txt and Addition.txt, then run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool as administrator and click on Fix.

You can report as safe the detected objects in Zemana scan.

Your Firefox settings could be modified because of a bug of Kaspersky browser extension. Do you have problems like master passwords prompts when you open Firefox?

Thank you.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Please download fixlist.txt file attached in this post and save it in the same folder you have FRST executable and FRST.txt and Addition.txt, then run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool as administrator and click on Fix.
Ok, thanks. But I don't have any idea about Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. So, before applying the fix I'm willing to know what changes it's actually gonna make? What are the problems?
Your Firefox settings could be modified because of a bug of Kaspersky browser extension. Do you have problems like master passwords prompts when you open Firefox?
Actually, I've Kaspersky Browser Extension disabled and I don't see any master password prompts because I use a separate password manager.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Ok, thanks. But I don't have any idea about Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. So, before applying the fix I'm willing to know what changes it's actually gonna make? What are the problems?

Actually, I've Kaspersky Browser Extension disabled and I don't see any master password prompts because I use a separate password manager.
The fix will clean unnecessary registry entries, .xpi files (you removed Ant Download Manager extension right?) and drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.