Zemana false possitives

Kerza

Thread author
Dec 30, 2019
These are all false positives, should i just stop using zemana because it'll end up quarenting a completly safe program

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 222

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
As far as im aware zemana has ignored false positive detections for awhile and they have stopped accessing multiple security forums. I think they're main function is the deepfake detection. It really stinks I had high hopes for zemana 3.0 but I have given up entirely they have already made the mistake once and now they did it again with this release i have not stopped using zemana as a second opinion.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I suggest you stop using it, as it does have serious issues with false positives. Version 2 of Zemana, had much fewer false positives and according to a number of poster, better detection rates too. You can no longer use v2 of Zemana, as it tried to automatically update to v3 and even if you cancel the update, it won't let you run scans.. However, MalwareFox, which is a rebrand of Zemana v2, still works, although there is no free version.

There are links to buy it with a 35% discount, on the following page. The actual giveaway ended long ago.

Before buying it, I would check with them to make sure they have no plans to update to v3. As the whether it is worth buying, that's up to you. If I had a need for a second opinion scanner, I would buy it, but I don't feel I need one at this point in time.

Kerza

Thread author
Dec 30, 2019
I suggest you stop using it, as it does have serious issues with false positives. Version 2 of Zemana, had much fewer false positives and according to a number of poster, better detection rates too. You can no longer use v2 of Zemana, as it tried to automatically update to v3 and even if you cancel the update, it won't let you run scans.. However, MalwareFox, which is a rebrand of Zemana v2, still works, although there is no free version.

There are links to buy it with a 35% discount, on the following page. The actual giveaway ended long ago.

Before buying it, I would check with them to make sure they have no plans to update to v3. As the whether it is worth buying, that's up to you. If I had a need for a second opinion scanner, I would buy it, but I don't feel I need one at this point in time.
a skid of zemana? claims to replace your anti virus? not thinking of buying, sale or not. Thanks for the reccomndation too though

Reactions: roger_m

Kerza

Thread author
Dec 30, 2019
I use it, all antimalwares have false positives, some more and others less, but you quickly realize, which is FP. For example, the Emsisoft kit has FP, NPE, gives FP. Hitmanpro same.
i'm fine with the odd false positive but its so common! a completly legit dll will end up getting flagged (and it did) and if the user had no knowlage they wouldn't know FP from legit. It also flagged nordvpn, one of the most widely used vpns

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
a skid of zemana? claims to replace your anti virus? not thinking of buying, sale or not. Thanks for the reccomndation too though
it's a rebrand of Zemana. It's exactly the same as Zemana v2.74.0.150, aside from the name. There are several companies which sell rebranded versions of Zemana.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.