Ending Soon ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen - Free License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://tunecom.ru/licenses/1200-zonealarm-next-gen-antivirus-besplatnaja-licenzija.html
How to get a license
1. Download ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen and install it on your computer. The antivirus activates itself.
https://tunecom.ru/zonealarm-next-gen-antivirus.html

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / Vista / 7

2. Launch the antivirus, click the avatar in the upper right corner, select "Language Preference"

Features of the free ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen license
+ Available for a single personal computer or laptop.
+ The free license is valid until August 28, 2024.
+ Updates to new versions for the entire period.
+ Free technical support is present.
+ For personal use only.
+ Can be reinstalled.

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
So I had a issue to day installed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen on the wife's labtop install went half way then a notice poped up it read { Install Cancelled } then rebooted labtop, after reboot no internet, and ZoneAlarm had only installed extension in edge, so reinstalled it error { ZoneAlarm is already installed } so I restored the system with EaseUS Todo Backup Home. tried again and it installed.
but after installing lost internet again. so system restore number 2 . so I have called it a day on that labtop for now..

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
If I move all the last posts here, it will create a total mess…
I didn't even see your answer Harlan. Here it was solved buddy, I deleted it and posted it in another post that @Trident created about ZoneAlarm Thank you very much! ;)
but after installing lost internet again. so system restore number 2 . so I have called it a day on that labtop for now..
How sad to hear that you had problems installing ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen, our restore backup image 2 times wow. My case, I had problems installing the first time, more was because of the Hard_Configurator I had forgotten it and was blocking something, disabled everything restarted the machine and then installed and was fine. (y)

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
same or some firewall issue too, (or just a display issue?? :unsure:) my WSC says both windows firewall & ZA firewall are off...! windows thinks unsafe settings...

Since on the Harmony thread you report the Checkpoint Firewall is turned on for you in Windows 10, the bug appears to affect PCs with Windows 11 installed. Why, I have no idea. Repairing the client and uninstalling and reinstalling the software has no effect upon the issue.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I hadn't read this sentence properly, I read it but it went unnoticed, now when I reviewed some posts I went to see and understood what a beating I took... I took a beating. :LOL:

I didn't mean to beat anyone! I apologize if I gave that perception.
I was just trying to say that UI is subjective, what is beautiful or useful for an user, for another user is ugly or useless.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I didn't mean to beat anyone! I apologize if I gave that perception.
I was just trying to say that UI is subjective, what is beautiful or useful for an user, for another user is ugly or useless.
It’s subjective indeed!
I personally like it. It reminds me a bit of Trend Micro (just the UI not the protection capabilities). And tbh I think the same guy is the UI designer.
I found his blog once but not sure if I will manage to find it again. He has been replaced now by in-house designer Peter Thompson as of 2021.

Edit: found him

Last edited:

mk187

Oct 8, 2015
Zonealarm Nextgen is really bad compare with Zonealarm Extreme Security. No advanced app control, no drive control, no advanced firewall, no virus database update

I have replaced Windows 11 with Windows 10 to continue using Zonealarm Extreme Security.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Zonealarm Nextgen is really bad compare with Zonealarm Extreme Security. No advanced app control, no drive control, no advanced firewall, no virus database update

I have replaced Windows 11 with Windows 10 to continue using Zonealarm Extreme Security.
Virus database update is performed automatically on reboot and every 2 hours after. Advanced app control is already in beta, coming soon.
You should not be using the old version, it is no longer maintained.

mk187

Oct 8, 2015
Virus database update is performed automatically on reboot and every 2 hours after. Advanced app control is already in beta, coming soon.
You should not be using the old version, it is no longer maintained.
Thanks for your respond. It's good to hear about that.

When using Nextgen the Firewall keep silent and it like do nothing, no notifications, no warning. I still feeling safe when use Extreme Security with Windows 10.

Hopefully, Nextgen will be full features stable app soon because I am planning to purchase Zonealarm product. It's the best Firewall on Windows for me.

When you're using Extreme Security version you can see tons of apps want to connect to the Internet and even accept connections from the Internet (Audials Radio SE 2023, Chrome as an example).

I am not sure why Chrome always asking for permission to accept connection from the Internet? and I always blocking those requests.

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
When using Nextgen the Firewall keep silent and it like do nothing, no notifications, no warning. I still feeling safe when use Extreme Security with Windows 10.
Hello,

When I tested it, I did generate few records in logs, primarily with port scans and other techniques. The firewall works, depends what zone you will select. If you select “public zone” it will provide maximum security. App Control where you can allow/block individual apps is now in beta. I am not sure if there are notifications (don’t think there are). Software is now verified with ThreatCloud and that database is large.
Hopefully, Nextgen will be full features stable app soon because I am planning to purchase Zonealarm product. It's the best Firewall on Windows for me.
Some of the legacy features are not coming back (backup, tuneup, etc). What’s in use now is the same engines that power Check Point Harmony but in different configuration or “policy”.

When you're using Extreme Security version you can see tons of apps want to connect to the Internet and even accept connections from the Internet (Audials Radio SE 2023, Chrome as an example).

I am not sure why Chrome always asking for permission to accept connection from the Internet? and I always blocking those requests.
I am not really familiar with the legacy firewall but surely there is a better way than asking the user all the time to take decisions. Your most important component is now Anti-Bot which will prevent communications to known Command and Control servers attackers use. Programmes that attempt to establish such connections will be terminated or completely removed.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen, is the most comprehensive multi-layered security suite on the market and it stops the most sophisticated viruses and hackers. Developed by cyber security leader Check Point, ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen, uses the latest enterprise grade technology to protect your digital world.

That sounds promising, how about the impact on system performance?

Musician8

Jul 23, 2023
Hello to all! Im new here,yesterday i installed Zone Alarm and in the beggining i liked it.Interface is beautiful to me. I started a full scan and it found about 15 infections and automatically put them in quarantine.So that is all ok to me.The problem i have found is that i couldnt delete/remove /empty the quarantine.Only option is that you select all files and restore them....i didnt find any DELETE button.

Other thing is when you select files in quarantine and restore them.I have selected about 8-10 those files and clicked restore because i know that those are not viruses and my god......the process of that is so so so long!So there were only 8 files restoring and it didnt finish after 20 minutes....after that i stopped everything and uninstall Zone Alarm.

Thats the experiance from me,from my side.

Regards to all!

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
I tried it again on an W11 test machine. The protections seems to be improved. The firewall is still a joke compared to the old product line. Also my test machine crashed several times. The webprotection is great. Especially the harmony download check. I hope they can solve the issues.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.