Ending Soon ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen - Free License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://tunecom.ru/licenses/1200-zonealarm-next-gen-antivirus-besplatnaja-licenzija.html
How to get a license
1. Download ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen and install it on your computer. The antivirus activates itself.
https://tunecom.ru/zonealarm-next-gen-antivirus.html

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / Vista / 7

2. Launch the antivirus, click the avatar in the upper right corner, select "Language Preference"

Features of the free ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen license
+ Available for a single personal computer or laptop.
+ The free license is valid until August 28, 2024.
+ Updates to new versions for the entire period.
+ Free technical support is present.
+ For personal use only.
+ Can be reinstalled.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It's not a bad product at all but the downloads take very long i actually like zonealarm due to it being different from the rest and in todays world that's hard to accomplish for an AV
I did not experience a long download, but my cable is pretty good at 550 mbps down, although with vpn it's 250. Download seemed about average to me... fwiw...
EDIT at first I thought you meant to DL the installation, ... I have not downloaded enough other files to come any conclusion about downloading yet.

Reactions: Nevi and Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
hello, can someone help me please by explaining how Zone Alarm extreme security NextGen works with emails i see there is a plugin ? thank you
Hi Kev, the plug-in activates parser (reader) that goes through the email looking for attachments and also, if password protected, it tries to find the password so they can be emulated. It also plugs into the forensic recorder so when attack is detected, on the report you will see it originates from an email. I haven’t had the chance to test all that still.

Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hi Kev, the plug-in activates parser (reader) that goes through the email looking for attachments and also, if password protected, it tries to find the password so they can be emulated. It also plugs into the forensic recorder so when attack is detected, on the report you will see it originates from an email. I haven’t had the chance to test all that still.
I was not aware of email plug-in. Is the link for that in the app or on their website? Also does this email plug-in work for webmail, email read from browser, or do you need an email client for this plug-in to work, if you know. thanks!

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I was not aware of email plug-in. Is the link for that in the app or on their website? Also does this email plug-in work for webmail, email read from browser, or do you need an email client for this plug-in to work, if you know. thanks!
The plug-in is necessary only for local clients such as Outlook and Thunderbird. Web mail will be handled by the browser plug-in and on the forensic report you will see the browser (Chrome, Edge, Brave, Firefox are supported) and the website (no restrictions there) as origin.

If it comes from a local client, on the forensic report you will see the email sender, subject and body as well that contained the malware.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
thank you Trident please may i ask with it also look for phishing links ? thank you
I am not entirely certain if it looks for phishing links, according to the threat emulation release notes, documents are inspected for phishing links as well. In addition, the Sophos engine includes heuristics that handle phishing in documents.

Once you click on any link, it will be searched in the blacklist first and then when you click on a field to type, additional just-in-time analysis is performed to handle phishing. I can test that plug-in soon and find out if it pre-emptively analyses links (I doubt it does). Such serious email protection requires Check Point Harmony Email/Email and Collaboration.

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017
Merci [ UTILISATEUR = 67091 ] @ Decopi [ / UTILISATEUR ], [ UTILISATEUR = 61091 ] @ simmerskool [ 65.
Je pense que je devrais commencer un nouveau fil avec certains hacks ZoneAlarm tels que la façon de désactiver l'extension et d'accepter aux rapports d'ADN médico-légal et d'émulation de menace +.

[ UTILISATEUR = 101216 ] @ kev7 [ / UTILISATEUR ] il est possible d'utiliser le filtrage DNS, j'utilise Control D et ZoneAlarm mais à l'échelle du système, pas seulement dans le. Ils travaillent bien ensemble.
With ZA Extreme Security Next Gen I installed ProtonVPN. For now the two products work harmoniously without finding any particular conflicts

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I spoke to ZA contact today again and asked again for Program Control (the part of the firewall that automatically allows and blocks connectivity of programmes based on their reputation).
The feature is on the roadmap. It was supposed to be released with “the next build” (that was before version 4) but the build 4 was only an emergency one to include Anti-Bot (after I requested it).
Also in build 4 (again after my test and discussions with them), they included the full Sophos database and not just the cloud. The full Sophos database is divided in 2 parts.
VDL (Virus Description Language): this is a permanent database updated once a month (about 250 MB).
IDE: this is a database that is updated constantly over the course of one month. Viruses that are not significant are placed in few generic files, whilst viruses that have loads of variants are placed in a separate file, for example tesl.ide for Agent Tesla.
After one month the IDE updates are merged with the VDL, deleted and the cycle repeats. The Sophos full database provides offline protection, together with static analysis.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Its protection features are poor and I would not recommend it to anyone. I installed it again yesterday and yesterday to see it in action and unfortunately ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen was not able to detect is stealer malware.😞
Not sure what the stealer was, if it was a script these are detected through emulation and their emulation also blocks java-based stealers that all others miss as well. I can find stealers not detected by anyone, including Kaspersky, Bitdefender and others that crown themselves kings.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Its protection features are poor and I would not recommend it to anyone. I installed it again yesterday and yesterday to see it in action and unfortunately ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen was not able to detect is stealer malware.😞

Thank you!

Here in this thread and also in articles and reviews on the web, I found divergent opinions about ZA. So, for me ZA protection is an interrogation.
In the other hand, @Trident seems to me to be enthusiastic about ZA. And he gained my respect, therefore also ZA gained my attention.

I hope @Trident will open a new ZA thread, uploading more videos with tests. And who knows, perhaps @Shadowra and @cruelsister also do the same. It would be great if you can make a video with the stealer malware.
With a new ZA thread and few videos (tests), there will be no more doubts about ZA's protection capabilities.

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Thank you!

Here in this thread and also in articles and reviews on the web, I found divergent opinions about ZA. So, for me ZA protection is an interrogation.
In the other hand, @Trident seems to me to be enthusiastic about ZA. And he gained my respect, therefore also ZA gained my attention.

I hope @Trident will open a new ZA thread, uploading more videos with tests. And who knows, perhaps @Shadowra and @cruelsister also do the same. It would be great if you can make a video with the malware stealer.
With a new ZA thread and few videos (tests), there will be no more doubts about ZA's protection capabilities.
I’ve found compromises of protection, but I always have to disable threat emulation for that to work. Otherwise if you leave it on, it captures the archive with the password for it (they use dictionary of common passwords and parsers to extract it) and they delete the whole password-protected archive and don’t even allow you to open it. Over 100 incidents already I’ve generated 😀

I tried to test with fake inflated crack, but that just terminates if you have ZoneAlarm installed. It may be because it is Israeli software (and a lot of Russians work and live there) or it may be because the process contains “Forensics”. I only managed to get one to work and it was blocked by behavioural guard. Others don’t do anything.

You will see on the new thread, we will explore the forensic reports as well in great detail.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Not sure what the stealer was, if it was a script these are detected through emulation and their emulation also blocks java-based stealers that all others miss as well. I can find stealers not detected by anyone, including Kaspersky, Bitdefender and others that crown themselves kings.
I am writing and explaining, calmly we will get there, it is recommended to create a thread or ask a moderator to move these posts to another post is a disrespect to @BigWrench post

I hope @Trident will open a new ZA thread, uploading more videos with tests. And who knows, perhaps @Shadowra and @cruelsister also do the same. It would be great if you can make a video with the malware stealer.
I also have respect for @Trident and admiration for his character as a person even though I don't know him personally, I am writing about the test and in a little while you will read it first hand.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Thank you!

I hope @Trident will open a new ZA thread, uploading more videos with tests. And who knows, perhaps @Shadowra and @cruelsister also do the same. It would be great if you can make a video with the stealer malware.

Normally scheduled for next week

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.