Ending Soon ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen - Free License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://tunecom.ru/licenses/1200-zonealarm-next-gen-antivirus-besplatnaja-licenzija.html
How to get a license
1. Download ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen and install it on your computer. The antivirus activates itself.
https://tunecom.ru/zonealarm-next-gen-antivirus.html

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / Vista / 7

2. Launch the antivirus, click the avatar in the upper right corner, select "Language Preference"

Features of the free ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen license
+ Available for a single personal computer or laptop.
+ The free license is valid until August 28, 2024.
+ Updates to new versions for the entire period.
+ Free technical support is present.
+ For personal use only.
+ Can be reinstalled.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
a plan B smart home and not smart phone ok! (y)I always have the bug between the firewalls. I manually disabled windows defender .The Zone Alarm area firewall is enabled but it is still indicated by Windows that it is disabled? I'm going to have a bad night with this problem🙃
For me it briefly says that and the warning goes away. They should be fixing it too. Another bug that I noticed is with scheduled scans.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I checked again a few hours later, firewall(s) still show off in WSC, opened za and sent feedback about this and za not only wants your message, feedback button automatically starts uploading aggregate system info, perhaps typical, but then I got another popup "Log upload failed. Please try again at a later time." (or not)... :rolleyes: but still liking za... :giggle:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I checked again a few hours later, firewall(s) still show off in WSC, opened za and sent feedback about this and za not only wants your message, feedback button automatically starts uploading aggregate system info, perhaps typical, but then I got another popup "Log upload failed. Please try again at a later time." (or not)... :rolleyes: but still liking za... :giggle:
It’s a known issue that already, I’ve been told it doesn’t affect security and will be fixed with the next build. We’ll see.

Reactions: Bushman

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
On my computer it wouldn't install, I waited almost 40 minutes and nothing was installed, it just said Installing ZoneAlarm..... may take a few minutes. It didn't even accept to cancel, I had to force shut down the machine is a shame. I had no luck with ZA the first time lol, I wanted to try it, but I guess this one is not for me.:LOL::confused:
Installing-ZoneAlarm.....png

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017
On my computer it wouldn't install, I waited almost 40 minutes and nothing was installed, it just said Installing ZoneAlarm..... may take a few minutes. It didn't even accept to cancel, I had to force shut down the machine is a shame. I had no luck with ZA the first time lol, I wanted to try it, but I guess this one is not for me.:LOL::confused:
Hello. I also had this problem last Saturday during the installation. By chat my interlocutor told me that there was a server maintenance for 24 Hours.Indeed I could after 24h have the possibility to install ZAES Next Gen.
Engage a chat with them you will I think have advice or information about your difficulty in installing their product

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have ZA installed +24 hours and it seems good. I had no problem with installation, most likely temporary server issue, so try again. Also, are you installing ZA over MS-Defender, or are you running a 3d-party AV -- just wondering if that would have any impact on the installation...? :unsure:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I have ZA installed +24 hours and it seems good. I had no problem with installation, most likely temporary server issue, so try again. Also, are you installing ZA over MS-Defender, or are you running a 3d-party AV -- just wondering if that would have any impact on the installation...? :unsure:
Only MS-Defender integrated in Windows 10. (y)

This morning I installed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen. This time it took a while, but it installed the ZA. My impressions, you will excuse me, but I will be sincere in my words, forgive me and no offense. What a bad product, really has no configuration so far so good, what I hated most about ZA was that it added extensions to my browser in MS EDGE and Chrome and became the managed browser and I lost the SAFE DNS feature that I could no longer change the dns in my browser, nor disable the ZA extension nor remove the extension. This is a 0 grade for me. The firewall has nothing to configure empty just the Network connection you have to trust the product. It doesn't allow you to block anything, it makes the decisions alone worse than the Windows firewall that you can block LOLBins or anything else you don't want to allow internet access. It is not the ZoneAlarm I know. In relation to the use of Ram is high just one process already consumed 500MB not added the other processes. But the crux of the matter is not the memory usage. I did a complete system scan, it takes so long Jesus Christ lol, it seems that as it scans the files it emulates them, I don't know how long it takes. I gave up on the scanning. I saw many people complaining about Bitdefender products comparing it to ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen, Bitdefender is perfect, there is no comparison. Regarding protection I had no samples, so I tested some phishing sites some the ZA blocked others not. To be honest I didn't like the product very bad. I had already seen bad AV but this won 10x0.(n)

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
This morning I installed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen. This time it took a while, but it installed the ZA. My impressions, you will excuse me, but I will be sincere in my words, forgive me and no offense. What a bad product, really has no configuration so far so good, what I hated most about ZA was that it added extensions to my browser in MS EDGE and Chrome and became the managed browser and I lost the SAFE DNS feature that I could no longer change the dns in my browser, nor disable the ZA extension nor remove the extension. This is a 0 grade for me. The firewall has nothing to configure empty just the Network connection you have to trust the product. It doesn't allow you to block anything, it makes the decisions alone worse than the Windows firewall that you can block LOLBins or anything else you don't want to allow internet access. It is not the ZoneAlarm I know. In relation to the use of Ram is high just one process already consumed 500MB not added the other processes. But the crux of the matter is not the memory usage. I did a complete system scan, it takes so long Jesus Christ lol, it seems that as it scans the files it emulates them, I don't know how long it takes. I gave up on the scanning. I saw many people complaining about Bitdefender products comparing it to ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen, Bitdefender is perfect, there is no comparison. Regarding protection I had no samples, so I tested some phishing sites some the ZA blocked others not. To be honest I didn't like the product very bad. I had already seen bad AV but this won 10x0.(n)
I can kinda of relate to that. I mean I really like basic products, but there is legit zero customization and the product itself felt quite unstable. I already talked with @Trident about it and he took the time to explain why their threat removal and the detection popups are so delayed. It all made sense then. Still, I am really not a fan of the product. The reason why the extension can't be removed is that its deeply connected with the software itself as it doesn't only block malicious sites like other web-protection extensions. I kind of like their approach but other than that I wasn't satisfied with the product the last time I tested it. Will probably check it out when its out of beta.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
The extension can be removed from the product itself, when you click on “Web Secure” in the main UI and then on top there is the option to turn Web Secure off. This will decrease protection a lot and is not recommended at all. ZoneAlarm is very different from the vast majority of home AVs (being a copy of business solution) and is hence not to everyone’s liking. For detailed configuration (loads of it), Harmony Endpoint is recommended.

Program Control was removed to be reworked completely. It will be back soon.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Program Control was removed to be reworked completely. It will be back soon.
Really, I noticed that some processes in Process Explorer with name Harmony seems to me that was the process of the threat emulator and other processes with name check point, it's a shame I thought I would like the product. I thought it was similar to BD, but I was wrong.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Really, I noticed that some processes in Process Explorer with name Harmony seems to me that was the process of the threat emulator and other processes with name check point, it's a shame I thought I would like the product. I thought it was similar to BD, but I was wrong.
I’m not the biggest fan of Bitdefender myself though.
It is a solution created and optimised for home users, no doubt there.
It is created with their needs in mind rather than being a rebrand of business software.
But I am not a fan of their 500MB definitions which get updates every hour.
For me a solution that needs to be updated every 40 minutes is not an extremely effective one.
On true 0-days, ZoneAlarm and Check Point would block them through emulation whilst Bitdefender is gonna be caught short. And same goes for all BD-Based AVs.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
On true 0-days, ZoneAlarm and Check Point would block them through emulation whilst Bitdefender is gonna be caught short. And same goes for all BD-Based AVs.
Yes, I totally agree when it comes to let's see, ZA can outperform the big AV in threat detection . Sometimes I get a split heart when it comes to using a major AV, I don't know if it was after I started participating in the MT forum. If you ask me which AV I would definitely use I wouldn't know how to answer you. More funny, you will laugh now, I am using MS Defender. I have F-secure license until 2026, Emsisoft almost 1 year license, Bitdefender almost 1 year license and not using any 3rd party AV and in the end I end up using Defender lol.:LOL:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
it seems that as it scans the files it emulates them, I don't know how long it takes. I gave up on the scanning.
It does actually, the static analysis is Static Analysis in sandbox. Some files get emulated during scan, mainly packers and others that can fool traditional SA. For me, full scan takes about 10 minutes… but my system is very vanilla. Critical Areas scan takes just over a minute but not sure how it will be if I got loads of software installed.
Yes, I totally agree when it comes to let's see, ZA can outperform the big AV in threat detection .
ZoneAlarm is actually very gentle and false-positive-reduction optimised AV compared to Check Point Harmony. On real world test where users will be attacked mainly through documents, executables and scripts in emails and fake software, they both will excel. Specially in the documents area that has proven through the Emotet and various other attacks to be problematic.
I have F-secure license until 2026, Emsisoft almost 1 year license, Bitdefender almost 1 year license and not using any 3rd party AV and in the end I end up using Defender lol.:LOL:
I have probably all the AVs, some like McAfee and Trend Micro till 2030/2031. But only Norton and ZoneAlarm are to my liking 😀
They both have hints of Enterprise software to them, maybe that’s why. I’ve installed ZA on my parents and girlfriend laptops now, replacing Norton.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I have probably all the AVs, some like McAfee and Trend Micro till 2030/2031. But only Norton and ZoneAlarm are to my liking 😀
Trend Micro I already like, where I managed to buy licenses for almost 10 years ... former employee ... won trial license? I bought once in 2016 a BD license for 4 years ended in August 2020. I did not regret it, besides being cheap the license I never looked back, if I found it I would buy it again. The McAfee I am not a fan I have used more I found it too bloated. Only thing I liked in McAfee was that it shows the devices connected to the network, the IP assigned, MAC, device name that I loved, it seems to me that ESET and AVAST also had feature @simmerskool can confirm this in relation to ESET.

Reactions: Bushman and Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Trend Micro I already like
Can’t say they are bad, definitely not the worst but I can’t say loads of good things about them either.
Only thing I liked in McAfee was that it shows the devices connected to the network, the IP assigned, MAC, device name that I loved, it seems to me that ESET and AVAST also had feature
Yes, they both have this feature. McAfee is in the process of removing it (and plenty of other bloatware). Norton had it years ago and removed it too. Trend Micro has the home network scanner which can do the same. Avast and Eset have that capability with Avast being able to display real time notification as well upon device connection. I’m not a fan of this feature to be honest. ZoneAlarm is very much clean of bloatware.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Yes, they both have this feature. McAfee is in the process of removing it (and plenty of other bloatware). Norton had it years ago and removed it too. Trend Micro has the home network scanner which can do the same. Avast and Eset have that capability with Avast being able to display real time notification as well upon device connection. I’m not a fan of this feature to be honest. ZoneAlarm is very much clean of bloatware.
Yes, this is called privacy, many people will not like this probably, is that at the time as I had never seen an AV with this feature, I thought it was cool, more I would not mind buying an AV just because of this. But it's worth it for testing the ZA. I just hope that users don't take my feedback as a bad product, it doesn't mean that ZA will be bad for you too, go by @Trident many know that you can't argue about taste, suddenly you may like it, the important thing in the end is the efficiency of the AV in the real world to detect and eliminate threats. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.