Ending Soon ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen - Free License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://tunecom.ru/licenses/1200-zonealarm-next-gen-antivirus-besplatnaja-licenzija.html
How to get a license
1. Download ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen and install it on your computer. The antivirus activates itself.
https://tunecom.ru/zonealarm-next-gen-antivirus.html

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / Vista / 7

2. Launch the antivirus, click the avatar in the upper right corner, select "Language Preference"

Features of the free ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen license
+ Available for a single personal computer or laptop.
+ The free license is valid until August 28, 2024.
+ Updates to new versions for the entire period.
+ Free technical support is present.
+ For personal use only.
+ Can be reinstalled.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
You are very brave, @Trident does the tests with real machines using SD, that's sounds a bit funny lol. Careful champ, the malware can escape from SD one hour and then be running in the background on your machine without you noticing. Use a VM as much as possible, I know you are an experienced guy, but don't play with fire. :)
Oh this machine is just for that and for nothing else 😀

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Oh this machine is just for that and for nothing else 😀
Actually that would be the correct way to test malware, because in the VM there is malware and ransomware that refuses to run when it realizes it is inside a VM. And there is more, even if you have an SSD, lots of ram, in a VM it will never run as fast and fluid as in the physical machine. ;)

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Actually that would be the correct way to test malware, because in the VM there is malware and ransomware that refuses to run when it realizes it is inside a VM. And there is more, even if you have an SSD, lots of ram, in a VM it will never run as fast and fluid as in the physical machine. ;)
There is way to make the VM less noticeable, speaking of ZoneAlarm, actually Check Point has a tool called Invizzzible that scans for VM artefacts. With a bit of work you can hide many of them.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
There is way to make the VM less noticeable, speaking of ZoneAlarm, actually Check Point has a tool called Invizzzible that scans for VM artefacts. With a bit of work you can hide many of them.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen is the same as BD? just install and forget about it or does it have some configuration? I liked it, the GUI looks simple, made me want to install and use it for a while. (y)

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security NextGen is the same as BD? just install and forget about it or does it have some configuration? I liked it, the GUI looks simple, made me want to install and use it for a while. (y)
There is no configuration, for more configuration I suggest people have a look at Harmony Endpoint. ZoneAlarm is a rebranded Harmony Endpoint already pre-configured. What I don’t like is that ZoneAlarm engine is 86.67.19 and Check Point recommended is 86.80 with 87.30 already released (they wait for some hotfixes before an engine is recommended for wide deployment). They will release an update for ZA very soon.

Also, ZoneAlarm is designed to work in real life scenarios and works best when malware is downloaded so it will be emulated. It is less effective if malware is introduced through packs and archives. The Anti-Ransomware feature though works both offline and online at all times.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
There is no configuration, for more configuration I suggest people have a look at Harmony Endpoint. ZoneAlarm is a rebranded Harmony Endpoint already pre-configured. What I don’t like is that ZoneAlarm engine is 86.67.19 and Check Point recommended is 86.80 with 87.30 already released (they wait for some hotfixes before an engine is recommended for wide deployment). They will release an update for ZA very soon.

Also, ZoneAlarm is designed to work in real life scenarios and works best when malware is downloaded so it will be emulated. It is less effective if malware is introduced through packs and archives. The Anti-Ransomware feature though works both offline and online at all times.
fyi fwiw, I just visited Harmony Endpoint website, and then went looking for reseller (aka partner?) and I input United States and US did not come up although UK did. Is there a reseller in US? is it feasible to use reseller in EU / UK, I suppose it is.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I used this reseller to buy a single license.
seems affordable. one question re Harmony before I pay & deploy on VM, similar to DeepInstinct in that it will deploy over MS Defender and integrate with WSC, or a whole lot more complicated to get it up and running?

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
seems affordable. one question re Harmony before I pay & deploy on VM, similar to DeepInstinct in that it will deploy over MS Defender and integrate with WSC, or a whole lot more complicated to get it up and running?
Depends on whether you will deploy threat prevention as well. If you don’t deploy threat prevention, Defender will still be running (or any other AV for that matter) and many AVs integrate with the console. Every incident blocked by a third-party solution will be investigated and recorded in the Check Point Harmony portal. If you deploy threat prevention, this will be your antivirus. Defender will be disabled. Before you buy, get the generous trial from the official website.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Depends on whether you will deploy threat prevention as well. If you don’t deploy threat prevention, Defender will still be running (or any other AV for that matter) and many AVs integrate with the console. Every incident blocked by a third-party solution will be investigated and recorded in the Check Point Harmony portal. If you deploy threat prevention, this will be your antivirus. Defender will be disabled. Before you buy, get the generous trial from the official website.
one last question: sorry for confiscating this thread. Not seeing link to Admin Guide for Harmony at Lithify? Is this provided when you pay? Or is there a link to skim it first?

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
one last question: sorry for confiscating this thread. Not seeing link to Admin Guide for Harmony at Lithify? Is this provided when you pay? Or is there a link to skim it first?
All the information you need + videos and documentation is on Check Point official page here:

Familiarise yourself and play with Check Point before you buy. Obtain a trial here:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
All the information you need + videos and documentation is on Check Point official page here:

Familiarise yourself and play with Check Point before you buy. Obtain a trial here:
you're a gentleman and a scholar ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.