ZoneAlarm Free Firewall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Hello everyone! I'm posting to check if any of you may help me..

I installed a while ago ZoneAlarm Free Firewall and since then i've been having lots of issues with my League of Legends Client. When a new game is about to start, it won't. It just doesn't. Now if i go to the firewall and turn it off, then i can play online. Alright, you may be thinking "just add an exception". I did. League of Legends opens way too many processes for the client and i added every single of them, it still happens. Sometimes i can enter to the game, sometimes i can't..

Any ideas?

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Does ZoneAlarm have something like a "training mode"? So that you start the game once and it then sets all exceptions automatically?

That's exactly what it should do.. Still, the game keeps getting blocked.. I'm about to uninstall this software, i'm going crazy

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Tomorrow night im installing Comodo Free Firewall. I'll try and tell you guys how it works. If not, trying Tinywall. Thanks everybody.

Reactions: safe1st and Smith83
S

Sr. Normal

I remember that I solved that problem with putting ZoneAlarm firewall settings to the maximum.
That way, whenever a process wanted to start, ZoneAlarm ask for your permission and created a rule and worked perfectly. When I did it as seems logical (ie as you've done), the soft that needed specific ports to run did not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.