Advice Request ZoneAlarm News?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Tested just know, uninstalled in 10 min because is lighter to use: Kaspersky + Dr. Web + G Data all in one product then use ZoneAlarm (I don't have a problem with network speed or browsing but with program loads and BOOT TIME)

and if I`m not wrong, some of thier key people are from or have a past Mossad

Last edited:

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i dont care about mossad or cia or anything as i am not a terrorist or a businessman or anything but i miss the good old days of za

Reactions: Nevi

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

15.8.139.18543​

• New: Updated version for Anti-Ransomware Engine
  • Improved: Stability
  • Fixed: Bug fixes and Improvements
  • Fix for CVE-2020-6022: ZoneAlarm Extreme versions before 15.8.139.18543 allow a local actor to delete arbitrary file while restoring files in Anti-Ransomware.
  • Fix for CVE-2020-6023: ZoneAlarm Extreme versions before 15.8.139.18543 can allow a local actor to escalate privileges while restoring files in Anti-Ransomware.
Released Oct 19 2020

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020
I'm actually surprised they still develop the product because I hardly know anyone who uses it and also does not know of a better product. It does not have any selling point whatsoever, because it is not a leader in anything - protection, performance or features....The product has been consistently heavy as far back as I can remember tbh.

Reactions: Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised they still develop the product because I hardly know anyone who uses it and also does not know of a better product. It does not have any selling point whatsoever, because it is not a leader in anything - protection, performance or features....The product has been consistently heavy as far back as I can remember tbh.
It's Firewall is quite decent and it uses the Kaspersky signatures which are quite popular, but apart from that it didn't improve a lot in the last months/years. No point of trying until the new Next-Gen version comes out.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.