Advice Request Are you using an 64-bit OS?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using an 64-bit OS?

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have been using Windows 64-bit for 5 years now, and have rarely come across software that is incompatible with this architecture.

1. Are you using a 64-bit OS (Windows, Linux, Mac)?
2. How many years?

If not, what software is incompatible with 64-bit OS that prevents you from upgrading to the better platform?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I would think more people use 64bit rather than 32bit but I wouldn't know for sure.

32bit for 4 years

64bit for about 2

Both Windows OS

Last edited:

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
My duel boot is Windows 64bit native and Linux 32bit ;) When I switch my distro I might change to 64bit depending on the level of support :)

Reactions: marg and Oxygen
D

Deleted member 178

dual-boot Win/Linux both x64, why use an old architecture when a modern one is more advanced and allows you the full use of your memory.

as if you have a Formula1 and you use the motor of a truck...

Reactions: Oxygen and Cowpipe

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
dual-boot Win/Linux both x64, why use an old architecture when a modern one is more advanced and allows you the full use of your memory.

as if you have a Formula1 and you use the motor of a truck...

In my case when I installed Linux from a live CD that I hadn't burnt myself. By the time I realised I was using x86 instead of x64 I couldn't be bothered to change it and have just never got around to it since lol

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Windows 7 64 bit & 8.1 64 bit dual booted on Desktop and Laptops.I have been using a 64 bit OS over 5 years.So long I cant really remember.

Reactions: marg
R

rocky

Desktop is win.7 x86 and a laptop win.7 x64 that my wife uses. Just never been able to completely walk away from DefenseWall. Otherwise both work equally well for what we do. Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.