Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Real-World Protection Test results for September 2014. These show that in a real-world digital environment with ever-increasing malicious programs, keeping computers secure may prove to be a challenge not everybody is up to.

A total of 23 antivirus products (using all their protection features) were included in the Real-World Protection Test of September.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/dynamic-tests/

10731162_10154756300745354_8630196734000663006_n.png

echo1

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014
Wow!!!

Petrovic... Thank you for posting this.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Surprising results from Trend Micro, their past results haven't been that good.

Reactions: tonibalas

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
except for panda, this is the first time the result is looking like what I personally feel.

Reactions: tonibalas

echo1

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014
It's amazing the to see some of the products making wild swings on a month-to-month basis

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
really happy to see trend micro improving and having fewer false positives;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There is such a little difference between the first 7 and I would think Emsisoft is better than where it is placed here.Always a fun time when these get released.Personally I wouldn't base my choice off of this.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

peaceful

Level 1
Verified
Aug 5, 2014
I have tried various products, and switched to ESET recently. So far, I like it the best - and I haven't had any problems with it at all, which I can't say about any of the others I've tried. If you cannot afford to buy a product, I'd say Avast free is still the best.

Reactions: toto

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Surprising results from Trend Micro indeed. But I defiantly wouldn't base my decision off of these charts. I would still go for ESET or Emsisoft. For a free solution I'd have to say Avira.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Qihoo>>I salute you!!:)

It seems with performance like this there is no need for a paid AV solution!;)
The only one I would pay for, if I had to, would be Kaspersky!:)

Last edited:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
how come 360 IS getting good results when they last update was a few months ago

Last update was few days ago actually. Though it's not showing in the webpage but the installed you get is the updated one.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Wow!! MT not have any giveaway for Trend? :p im using 360 Qihoo now and happy with this great AV. Thanks for post this info @Petrovic :D

tysoncs

Oct 16, 2014
I am so proud to be a kaspersky user!Its protection and performance has been good really this year!(according to tests)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.