App Review Avast Free (Hardened Mode) vs Ransominator

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

GenioRack

Aug 9, 2020
Good. It remains to answer why malwarebytes is so protected in
Forums like bleepingcomputer or infospyware that claim to be independent and behave like affiliates.

The level of detection of malwarebytes has never been higher than that of kaspersky, Eset, avast, bitdef, avira and other antiviruses. It only stood out because it removed many potentially unwanted programs. And this was not discussed in almost any forum. I've only seen it on MalwareTips.
But one day malwarebytes will reach that level and we will have spent 7 years saying that it is better than other antivirus. I mean, we have been hiding the truth from people for 7 years. why? I do not know.

Reactions: roger_m

bayasdev

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Good. It remains to answer why malwarebytes is so protected in
Forums like bleepingcomputer or infospyware that claim to be independent and behave like affiliates.

The level of detection of malwarebytes has never been higher than that of kaspersky, Eset, avast, bitdef, avira and other antiviruses. It only stood out because it removed many potentially unwanted programs. And this was not discussed in almost any forum. I've only seen it on MalwareTips.
But one day malwarebytes will reach that level and we will have spent 7 years saying that it is better than other antivirus. I mean, we have been hiding the truth from people for 7 years. why? I do not know.
IIRC the InfoSpyware admin works for Malwarebytes

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Malwarebytes is not really designed to compete with Eset, Avira etc, they target different types of malware, so to compare them is a waste of time.
actually, they claimed that MB can cover everything so it's fair for everyone to compare it but for MT users like us, as you said, it's a humiliation to other well-known AVs to be compared with MB

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
The explanation I can find is that it is one more layer of security. This shield works with a deny system. So I guess it's going to give a lot of protection to those who don't use hardened aggressive mode.
Thanks. I guess I don't need it then, save some resource.

Reactions: bayasdev

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.