Battle Avast Premier 2017 Vs Emsisoft Internet Security 2017

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Hello, Guys!
I'm new on this forum but I Really Really like this good Forum :)
So I had Emsisoft for couple of months now
But Recently I've switched over to Avast Premier Beacuse I've never used Avast before So I wanted to try It out
But now I'm without any AV As I do not know what to Install Avast or Emsisoft!
I have licences for both So thats not the problem
Thanks In Advance And btw This forum really nice. :)

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Both have excellent protection functions, but certainly they are two different security solutions.
I think the choice of one or the other one is really subjective, I've used Emsisoft for many years and it is my first choice :)
But you use Microsoft O_O
I still cant decide
I kinda wanna go for the Avast Side
I guess I will wait for more comments :)

Reactions: In2an3_PpG

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I would personally go with Emsisoft. Avast's protection is pretty good but I feel Emsisoft's is stronger overall; especially it's behavioural blocking.
I will say that I think Emsisoft is a little more difficult to use due to said behavioural blocking. It relies heavily on user interaction so if you'd prefer a more automated solution then I'd suggest Avast.
Seeing as you've got licenses for both and you've used Emsisoft for a good couple of months you could always try Avast out for however long you wish and see how you like it. Things such as the UI could influence your decision too.

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
I would personally go with Emsisoft. Avast's protection is pretty good but I feel Emsisoft's is stronger overall; especially it's behavioural blocking.
I will say that I think Emsisoft is a little more difficult to use due to said behavioural blocking. It relies heavily on user interaction so if you'd prefer a more automated solution then I'd suggest Avast.
Seeing as you've got licenses for both and you've used Emsisoft for a good couple of months you could always try Avast out for however long you wish and see how you like it. Things such as the UI could influence your decision too.
I've used Avast for couple days and Its preety good In my opinion
I Really Like the UI Of Avast
I dont mind about The BB :)
I'm still messed up doesnt know what to choose.

Reactions: Winter Soldier

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
But you are using Avast :)

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
i guess not everyone can afford using their favorite choices.
That's the thing
Avast Has a free version which Is such a big advantage
And If I choose to go with the Emsisoft Road
It will be only untill the licence expires - 290 days
And I want to use It for years not only 1 year and thats It
If I go for the Avast road I can choose Avast Free 2017 and Tweak It really good.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
But you are using Avast :)
I am but I can't justify paying for my own security. Even if I could justify it I couldn't bring myself to buy Avast's paid-for offerings when:
  1. Their free antivirus has all the core protection components needed
  2. There's much better paid-for solutions out there such as Emsisoft or Kaspersky.

Reactions: PCGamer

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
I am but I can't justify paying for my security. Even if I could justify it I couldn't bring myself to buy Avast's paid-for offerings when their free antivirus has all the core protection components needed and when there's much better paid-for solutions out there such as Emsisoft or Kaspersky.
But I dont pay for AV I Just payed for Emsisoft for the first time for 1 year
I really like Avast Free
Check my other comment!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.