Avira 2018 with new UI launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
IMO, the best BB sits between the chair and the keyboard.
This does not change the fact that Avira is careless. They have both the power and the money that is enough to create a good product! It took them ages to update their GUI and when they did they messed up. A clone of Mcafee’s -_-

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Who can say something about Avira's privacy? I've always thought of Avira for a free solution for my colleagues since Avast/AVG is a complicated option due to privacy/data collection. I think we can tweak it and make Avira's bloatware go away, right?

Reactions: Barakah

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I won't say Avira isn't worth it. I've seen my sight been obfuscated by Avira's bloatware, still it's technology has always been decent enough as to consider it a primary solution. All left to know is how Avira manages and recollects information to see if it's the right option for end-users. And of course see the possibility to reduce bloatware... Basic users, need a clean interface where to access to the desired options like shields and quarantine, and many interfaces with complements seem a confusing way to use the product, hence why I don't install Avira on friends/colleagues computers. I must admit this is the only reason why Avira isn't more chosen over Avast products...

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
This is good!!

Sin título.png

Reactions: harlan4096

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
except the free AV was confirmed having older signature database than the paid ones
Damn.. I just installed Avira Free Antivirus on VM and the crappy bloatware GUI is still there with the only difference that the complements I didn't want to install are there and have huge signs of INSTALL (module)...

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Damn.. I just installed Avira Free Antivirus on VM and the crappy bloatware GUI is still there with the only difference that the complements I didn't want to install are there and have huge signs of INSTALL (module)...
that's Avira for you, bloated, unresponsive, half baked.
such a shame, their sigs are decent.
check out Wise Anti Malware beta, lets hope the licensed sigs arent delayed

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Wasn't it that the cloud was different in the Avira free and not the sigs? I tried Avira not too long back and I could mainly update the sigs just as often as I could with Kaspersky.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Wasn't it that the cloud was different in the Avira free and not the sigs? I tried Avira not too long back and I could mainly update the sigs just as often as I could with Kaspersky.
well the sigs are part of the cloud, in my book
it was an old thread, i think @Evjl's Rain tested it, the free version had less static detection than the paid one.

Reactions: Barakah

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
well the sigs are part of the cloud, in my book
it was an old thread, i think @Evjl's Rain tested it, the free version had less static detection than the paid one.[/QUOTERegular sigs update the same in both free and paid. Cloud and local sigs are not the same. I'd pick Avira free over Avast spyware I know that. That's just my personal opinion, but local database sigs are not the same as the cloud, if they were there would be no need for local and cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.