[ AVLab.pl ] The best antiviruses 2020 for business and home to protect Windows 10

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Adrian Ścibor

From AVLab.pl
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2018
Hello All!

This is our first huge comparative test in 2020, but not the last. We carried out three tests of security in March and April 2020 from which we publish a list of popular antiviruses to secure workstations, and home computers. The test includes 12 specialized solutions for individual users and 9 products for medium and large business.

This time we do not have an official summary report. Each of tested product contain individual PDF, therefore you can download all (one click button). You can use our materials freely for non-commercial usage.

Website: Best antiviruses 2020 for business and home users | AVLab.pl

Short information for our Readers:
It is necessary to create a dedicated website for English-speaking users and we will soon! You will be able to easily find all our comparisons in English and reviews - not just security tests.

Also we will soon publish a comparison of several solutions for encryption files. Solutions created by Polish engineers.

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016
There is a typo in the Trend Micro test. It says Sophos home premium and not Trend Micro Maximum Security
1590405417459.png

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Wait is Symantec not included in the test?

So far looking at the testing I see no clear indication of cheating
better then most test labs in that regard.
Only recommendation is that I want more attack vectors in future testing.
Oh and wanted to thank you for sharing the hash of the test files I rarely see av testing labs do so .

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Has anyone tried mks_vir?, can't find more info about it due to the language barrier.
I was using it earlier this year. I'm not Polish and the language barrier was also my issue but I asked on the Arcabit Facebook page if their version had an English install. It does and they gave me a free key for Arcabit after checking my mks_vir key still had nearly 3 years on it. Arcabit seems to be a branch off from mks_vir from a few years ago. Apparently even shared staff. They may be in the process of relaunching the brand outside Eastern Europe as both mks_vir and Arcabit are updating again. I've had no issue with Arcabit Internet Security under win 10. It looks like it uses Bit Defender's sigs. I'm not sure if its the full Bit Defender scan engine too.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I was using it earlier this year. I'm not Polish and the language barrier was also my issue but I asked on the Arcabit Facebook page if their version had an English install. It does and they gave me a free key for Arcabit after checking my mks_vir key still had nearly 3 years on it. Arcabit seems to be a branch off from mks_vir from a few years ago. Apparently even shared staff. They may be in the process of relaunching the brand outside Eastern Europe as both mks_vir and Arcabit are updating again. I've had no issue with Arcabit Internet Security under Windows 10. It looks like it uses Bit Defender's sigs. I'm not sure if its the full Bit Defender scan engine too.
Interesting.

Reactions: [correlate]

Adrian Ścibor

From AVLab.pl
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2018
Thanks for feedback.

@Adrian Ścibor any reason to not test Avast/AVG?

Not really. We didn't get along before test was started. It's no secret that we have to earn money. There is no manipulation here. Transparent win-win action. We test products in exchange for reporting bugs and how to patches.
Wait is Symantec not included in the test?

So far looking at the testing I see no clear indication of cheating
better then most test labs in that regard.
Only recommendation is that I want more attack vectors in future testing.
Oh and wanted to thank you for sharing the hash of the test files I rarely see av testing labs do so .

As above. Sometimes it's difficult to contact them. This is a corporation. Contact with the corporation is always not easy.

Has anyone tried mks_vir?, can't find more info about it due to the language barrier.

It's a little better version of Arcabit designed to Polish market. You can download trial version and test it on virtual machine: Pobierz | mks_vir (I do not know if English lang is available)

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for feedback.

As above. Sometimes it's difficult to contact them. This is a corporation. Contact with the corporation is always not easy.

It's a little better version of Arcabit designed to Polish market. You can download trial version and test it on virtual machine: Pobierz | mks_vir (I do not know if English lang is available)
Yeah Symantec is hard to contact lately.
Anyway thanks. So much for the testing.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The test for WD free (no ATP) can probably show, that when using MS Office with enabled macros, the malicious macro can drop (download) and execute a payload bypassing BAFS and SmartScreen. It is good to block macros, block the outbound connections of some LOLBins (script Interpreters, etc.), or use advanced WD settings (ASR rules, Network Protection).(y)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.