Advice Request Best Adblocker in 2016?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
The desktop version of Adguard is the best adblocker I've ever come across.
Instead of being limited to the browser, it blocks ads system-wide, is light on resources, you can customise a lot of things in it, you can install extensions (which can make it work like Tampermonkey as well as an adblocker), and it has a lot of good filters to choose from.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Many of the Ad Blocker extension software often utilise the same block lists, but the resource usages of said extension may vary per browser, per system. A better way to protect your browsing is to use Content Blockers that block more than Ads, including Tracking Scripts and more.

uBlock / Origin is a Content Blocker which includes Ad-Blocking.

Your poll is limited and about Ghostery:
https://ghostery.zendesk.com/hc/en-...rom-AdBlock-Plus-Disconnect-DoNotTrackMe-etc-

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
First choice: Adguard (desktop version)
Second choice: uBlock Origin

I choose Adguard as the best adblocker in 2016. :)
But whenever I uninstall Adguard for whatever reason, the only adblocker I install is uBlock Origin (usually along with uMatrix). :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Adguard(desktop) is by far the best I have ever used for the same reasons as others have said.
Adguard for Mobile is also the best.The only option,IMO, for a non-rooted phone and still the best option for a rooted phone.

I would highly recommended uBlock Origin if one is not using Adguard

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Adguard by far for me. never had a problem with it and it blocks realy good. my mother does not like programs so i need ublock origin for she. adguard or oblock origin all the way. by the way, if anyone have a lifetime license for adguard to give away, i am more than happy to get it. Mine is just tu run out in one month :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.