Advice Request Binisoft WFC problem

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

n8chavez

Level 16
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I think it has something to do with private versus public network profiles. I'm not sure why yet, but I know that when an adapter is set to private it does not work and when it's set to public it does. I use profiles to restrict application connectivity, restricting all but private profiles.

n8chavez

Level 16
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Oh, I've done that many times. Everything seems to work if I set the adapter to public, then alter my firewall rules to block the private and domain profiles for apps I want blocked (rather than blocking the public and domain like it was set up before when the adapter was using the private profile). The only issue is I cannot figure out why that matters.

Shiz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 16, 2018
Different fw rules get applied when switching from network zones. Public is usually more restricted than private.

Sometimes you have to go into windows firewall advance rules window and look on there on why destiny is being blocked. Ignore the public rules since it’s obviously a private rule that is causing this issue.

n8chavez

Level 16
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Ok. I think I really have the solution this time. I thought the solution was the profile type. That was not the case. After I rebooted my issue was still there, even with the profiler change. But, as @alexandrud said, sometimes the allow rules don't work like they're supposed to. This was the case here. The allow rules, allow generically set, didn't work. I created 4 allow rules, UPD in/out and TCP in/out, and now destiny 2 work on the private profile.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.