Bitdefender 2021 released

Julian RO

Level 3
Oct 10, 2019
Product announcement or Changelog links?

Cannot find any yet.
Captură ecran (10).png

Link(in romanian): De la bun la mai bun cu noul Bitdefender - Bitdefender

Evgeny

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
Some guy on some web site tested new Bit against 0 day new ransomeware, some files were encrypted and bit could not restore some of them.

Reactions: Julian RO

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Some guy on some web site tested new Bit against 0 day new ransomeware, some files were encrypted and bit could not restore some of them.

Never do tests with new products, let them be more maturity, I mean let them correct the issues or bugs since no beta version was been released.

Give the product some time to things come back to normal, testing BitDefender right now can't give good results. When a product is new, they need time to fix and running smooth like previous version.

So, all tests in Youtube I will see, but I will wait more time to make a conclusion. You can't do a conclusion right now. Give some more time.

G

Guilhermesene

Thank you very much for the links :) how did you manage to find these links? These offline installers are very good, it is a pity that from Kaspersky I cannot find the offline installers. But I'm happy with this new version of Bitdefender, I already liked the other and this new version is even better :D

Julian RO

Level 3
Oct 10, 2019
Never do tests with new products, let them be more maturity, I mean let them correct the issues or bugs since no beta version was been released.

Give the product some time to things come back to normal, testing BitDefender right now can't give good results. When a product is new, they need time to fix and running smooth like previous version.

So, all tests in Youtube I will see, but I will wait more time to make a conclusion. You can't do a conclusion right now. Give some more time.
Correct, Leo from TPSC tested the 2020 version of Bitdefender in November, not in July, when it was released.

G

Guilhermesene

Search advisor is not working in Chrome, but it works fine in Firefox, someone have have that issue with 2021 too?

In Google Chrome you need to disable the QUIC protocol. In the previous version for me it was no longer working. Since the previous version I contacted their support and they informed me that this protocol should be disabled, for this you must do this:

Open Chrome> in the navigation bar you should type chrome://flags >> In the search field type QUIC >> Put disabled and restarted the browser

Once this is done, you will get that green or red ball on the sites you search on the web for Chrome

G

Guilhermesene

Since the last version I had this problem, it took a long time for them to understand what I was saying on the support. They explained to me that since the last version there is an incompatibility with this Google QUIC protocol, due to the fact that it is new.

Do what I told you and tell me later if everything happened :) Here is everything ok I always do it when I format new machines

Anotação 2020-07-25 091113.png

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I disagree with you, this bug has not been fixed yet in this version 2021 at least for me, I just tested it here on my machine. The way to work is to do it manually as I said in the post above, by Chrome://flags and disabling the QUIC Protocol.

Well I didnt disable the QUIC Protocol (I wont do that for an antivirus) and it works fine in my machine with the latest version of Chrome.
Sem título  fff.jpg

G

Guilhermesene

[QUOTE = "Nightwalker, post: 895895, membro: 23015"]
Bem, eu não desativei o protocolo QUIC (não o faço para antivírus) e funciona bem na minha máquina com a versão mais recente do Chrome.View attachment 244631
[/CITAR]

Strange, because I'm also using the latest version of both Google Chrome and Bitdefender and it doesn't work unless you disable it. This guidance to disable manually was recommended by the Bitdefender support team itself.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
this year i not tried BTS,i whait for KTS 2021,because I had problems with the previous version BTS 2020,origin and fifa 20 not start,pc slow,for me KTS it is best solution,i not found chip price for renewal key,after 40 days i buy another 1y or 2y from ebay,I'll watch to see when the problems arise BTS !

Amit Raina

Level 3
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I disagree with you, this bug has not been fixed yet in this version 2021 at least for me, I just tested it here on my machine. The way to work is to do it manually as I said in the post above, by Chrome://flags and disabling the QUIC Protocol.
I have just installed BTS 2021 , Mine Web-advisor is working without disable the QUIC Protocol

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.