Join Brave Community and add your voice for feature requests ...I really like the built-in security features in Brave, but it needs a normal new tab page with a lot of customization
You can already add your own custom filters to brave://adblock/ but only custom filter lists from built-in options on that same page.and I'm also looking forward to using custom rules and filters in the built-in ad-blocker.
Join Brave Community, my friend!I wish Brave had a built in web translator like Edge and Chrome...
Stay safe and stay Brave, my friends!Release notes
- Added Brave Today news feed on the New Tab Page. (#12574)
- Added support for day-parting of Brave Ads. (#5234)
- Added P3A metrics for Brave Today. (#12974)
- Added P2A metrics in Brave Ads. (#11060)
- Added Greaselion support for Vimeo creators. (#11465)
- Added setting for "New tab page shows" under brave://settings/newTab. (#2999)
- Added protection against private browsing detection. (#11543)
- [Security] Added privacy notice to Uphold wallet linking modals. (#11431)
- Implemented the ability to remove other devices in a sync chain. (#11232)
- Implemented navigator.deviceMemory farbling. (#12348)
- Implemented Brave Rewards onboarding. (#12138)
- Implemented new panel design for monthly contributions. (#11929)
- Improved the display of custom background images in the Brave Rewards tipping banner. (#12057)
- Improved heuristic for determining first/third-party-ness of ads for default cosmetic filtering. (#1998)
- Improved contrast among tabs. (#8576)
- Enabled Global Privacy Control. (#12875)
- Updated default search engine to Yandex for new installations in certain regions. (#12327)
- Updated Brave Rewards extension to be non-persistent. (#6462)
- Updated error messaging on Brave Rewards tipping banners. (#12224)
- Updated macOS dock icons to be smaller. (#8662)
- Removed redundant rewards setting to address user confusion. (#11467)
- Removed Dapp detection for https://www.nytimes.com. (#12709)
- Fixed Crypto Wallet infobar incorrectly being displayed for Google Calendar and Gmail. (#12942)
- Fixed navigator.userAgent farbling not being applied in workers. (#12230)
- Fixed Canvas farbling in disconnected iframes. (#12303)
- Upgraded Chromium to 87.0.4280.101. (#13081)
Another new feature of Brave 1.18 is support for Global Privacy Control. It is a relatively new initiative to improve user privacy and rights on the Internet. Basically, what it does is inform sites that an Internet user denies sites the right to sell or share personal information to third-parties.
You can check out our Global Privacy Control summary for additional details. Global Privacy Control is enabled in Brave.
All quotes are from the source below:Brave 1.18 features a number of smaller additions and changes. The following ones are noteworthy:
You can check out the full release notes here.
- Protection against private browsing mode detections added to the browser.
- Contrast among tabs improved.
- Option to remove devices from Brave Sync, e.g. to remove unused devices or devices that were stolen/lost.
- Yandex is the default search engine in select regions for new installations (including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, and Russian Federation). Full list is here.
- Upgraded the core to Chromium 87.0.4280.101
- Lots of changes related to Brave Ads and Rewards.
Stay safe and stay Brave, my friends!Release Notes
Stay safe and stay Brave, my friends!
Release Notes V1.18.77
Previous Release Notes
- Added Arm64 support for macOS (Apple Silicon, M1 CPU). (#12819)
- Fixed rewards panel not being translated in certain locales. (#13199)
- Fixed not being able to play HBO Max content due to “kVideoPlaybackQuality” being disabled. (#13183)
- Fixed not being able to play videos on https://www.imdb.com. (#13101)
Thanks.The author just does not like chrome and therefore refuses to assemble a ready-made package, but it's work with chromium browsers.
You need to download the archive from release page, unpack and delete the manifest, then rename the chrome-manifest to manifest, then open chrome: // extensions in the browser, go to developer mode, click install unpacked.
Checked the work in edge, vivaldi, Brave. Sometimes Google slows down, Yandex translates more stable for me. The instruction is a bit approximate, since I am writing this message from my phone.
This proposed change is referenced herebrave://adblock Will be eventually removed, and will cleaned up in in brave://settings
Release Notes V1.19.86
- Added native IPFS support. (#10220)
- Added Greaselion support for Twitch creators. (#11466)
- Added “Tabs from other devices” under brave://history when sync is enabled. (#10473)
- Updated pre-populated search engine list. (#13283)
- Updated visuals for both “New private window” and “New private window with Tor” to make it easier to distinguish between the two windows. (#2735)
- Updated New Tab Page background images. (#12508)
- Updated Brave Rewards onboarding panel under brave://welcome. (#13119)
- Update referrer handling for better compatibility. (#13464)
- Updated directory path of admin policy on Linux. (#12426)
- Implemented ad conversion against the complete URL chain of trust. (#13033)
- Removed Chromium noscript dialog from the URL bar. (#199)
- Removed duplicate controls from brave://settings/newTab. (#12505)
- Replaced the “Add Card” tab under New Tab Page with sub-tab “Edit Cards”. (#12625)
- Fixed ad crash when refilling unblinded tokens after downloading catalog due to invalid blinded tokens. (#12836)
- Fixed ads not being displayed after restart if catalog fails to download but a previous catalog bundle exists. (#10904)
- Fixed fifth background image (yellow) not being used on tip banner. (#12596)
- Fixed clicking on “Open in Tor” button from Guest window does not connect to Tor network. (#12470)
- Fixed Tor crash in certain cases. (#12798)
- Fixed Tor not working when multiple profiles are opened at the same time. (#12650)
- Fixed open tabs not always being synced to other devices in sync chain. (#11183)
- Fixed autoplay dialog being displayed under URL bar if global content settings under brave://settings/content/autoplay is toggled. (#12795)
- Fixed brave://discards loading blank page. (#10451)
- Fixed incorrect number formatting for Crypto.com widget. (#12816)
- Fixed Brave Today intro card not being dismissed after being viewed. (#12960)
- Fixed Brave Today history scoring being limited to 100 items. (#13041)
- Fixed geolocations using the wrong endpoints in certain cases. (#11862)
- Upgraded Chromium to 88.0.4324.96. (#13637)
This time Brave released before GoogleBrave Stable 1.19.86 (Upgraded Chromium to 88.0.4324.96.)
The Brave browser is a fast, private and secure web browser for PC, Mac and mobile. Download now to enjoy a faster ad-free browsing experience that saves data and battery life by blocking tracking software.brave.com
IPFS, the peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol designed to make the Web faster, safer, and more open, has been integrated into Brave, the fast, privacy-oriented browser, reinventing the Web for users, publishers and advertisers.
Incorporated into today’s Brave desktop browser update (version 1.19), Brave’s 24 million monthly active users can now access content directly from IPFS by resolving ipfs:// URIs via a gateway or installing a full IPFS node in one click. When installing a full node, this will allow Brave users to load content over IPFS’ p2p network, hosted on their own node. Integrating IPFS provides Brave users with a significantly enhanced browsing experience, increasing the availability of content, offloading server costs from the content publisher, and improving the overall resilience of the Internet.
- Added Apple entitlement for Chromium PWA support. (#8027)
- Added Ecosia to the default search engine list for several new regions. (#13511)
- Fixed not being able to play HBO Max content due to "kVideoPlaybackQuality" being disabled. (#13679)
- Fixed sponsored logo under New Tab Page being hidden on certain window sizes. (#13694)
For non-Brave users, try IPFS Companion (extension).