Brave Browser release info

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Brave browser - New version update - 1.15.72 [Source]
  • Added Bitcoin.com widget to the New Tab Page. (#11982)
  • [Security] Added rel=noopener to webtorrent links as reported on HackerOne by d3f4u17. (#11487)
  • [Security] Fixed webtorrent file detection issue as reported on HackerOne by d3f4u17. (#11488)
  • Fixed ad notifications being delivered when not enough unblinded tokens available. (#11789)
  • Fixed rewards restore modal displaying “Please re-enter keys or try different keys.” error before entering keys. (#11235)
  • Fixed “Trackers & Ads Blocking” setting not persisting after restarting Brave in some cases. (#11585)
  • Fixed WebGL and OpenGL being disabled in Linux due to “libEGL.so” and “libGLESv2.so” missing from Brave package. (#11504)
  • Upgraded Chromium to 86.0.4240.75. (#12021)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
along with bitcoin widget they added security check , wich is google chrome like...but checks for safe browsing is it enabled or not, is browser up to date & are extensions safe

selaususoja.png

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Release Notes V1.15.75

• Fixed “Estimated pending rewards” and “Ad notifications received this month” not being updated even though ads are being displayed in certain cases. (#11952)
  • Fixed fingerprint sensor option missing from WebAuthn on macOS. (#11716)
  • Upgraded Chromium to 86.0.4240.99. (#12124)
Stay safe and stay Brave, my friends! (y):D

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I hadn't seen this post before. It contains a good overview, with some detail, of Brave's essential privacy features. It's worth a look.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Brave release update: Version 1.16.68 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Release Notes V1.16.68
  • Added Crypto.com widget to the New Tab Page. (#12074)
  • Added the ability to use 24-hour clock on the New Tab Page. (#9038)
  • Added QR code under brave://rewards for iOS devices. (#12176)
  • Added Greaselion support for YouTube creators. (#9133)
  • Added Auto-Contribute feature flag to Greaselion. (#11670)
  • [Security] Fixed WebTorrent redirect issue as reported on HackerOne by d3f4u17. (#11683)
  • [Security] Encrypted private wallet data preferences for Brave Rewards. (#2555)
  • Updated Startpage search to give attribution to Brave. (#12257)
  • Updated Dapp detection script to be minified. (#11725)
  • Updated Dapp detection to use window.ethereum. (#11698)
  • Updated Brave Ads to automatically limit unwanted Brave Ads delivery. (#11617)
  • Updated Tor to use an OS selected port number. (#649)
  • Updated “Learn more” link under brave://settings/help which displays in certain cases on Windows. (#11746)
  • Renamed “Web3 provider for using Dapps” to “Ethereum provider for using Dapps” under brave://settings/extensions. (#11711)
  • Removed known email tracking parameters from Vero URLs. (#11817)
  • Removed known tracking parameter “yclid” from URLs. (#11578)
  • Removed intra-site requests from the query string filter. (#9020)
  • Removed prompt to select Dapp provider when MetaMask is installed. (#11623)
  • Removed login flow from Brave Rewards in certain cases when a KYC’d Uphold user wallet was previously connected. (#11760)
  • Fixed issue where restoring a Brave Rewards wallet failed in certain cases. (#11647)
  • Fixed breakage on sites that use “addthis” scripts in certain cases. (#11744)
  • Fixed issue where long translations on the “Connect to Gemini” button for the Gemini widget did not display properly. (#11445)
  • Fixed “Customize Dashboard” modal to remove unnecessary scroll bars. (#11374)
Previous Release Notes

Stay safe and stay Brave, my friends! :D (y)

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Latest Brave release channel update: Version 1.16.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Release Notes V1.16.72

• Fixed reCAPTCHA constantly being displayed when logging into certain websites. (#12359)
  • Fixed fingerprinting issues in certain cases by reverting “navigator.deviceMemory”. (#12289)
  • Fixed webview crash in certain cases by using proper origin. (#12268)
  • Removed iOS QR code function from brave://rewards. (#12475)
  • Upgraded Chromium to 86.0.4240.183. (#12471)
Stay safe and stay Brave, my friends. :)(y)

klepto

Level 2
Jun 14, 2020
I've gotten on the Nightly Brave train, it is using code from Ungoogled Chromium which I was using before and it auto updates which makes for easy usage. I do wish that you could strip out all the crypto bat stuff in brave but you can't have everything.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've gotten on the Nightly Brave train, it is using code from Ungoogled Chromium which I was using before and it auto updates which makes for easy usage. I do wish that you could strip out all the crypto bat stuff in brave but you can't have everything.
Use Ungoogled Chromium instead?

Brave features are optional, and can be disabled.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hi, thanks for the information. (y) ;)
This thread is a few month old but still relevant.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
About viewing onion sites with the tor browser, should i really care about my anonymity when i visit sites that might contain something illegal ( you have to download that content obviously) but im just watching? ( talking about breached documents, its illegal to share them )

Since i have interested of some onion sites hosted with the languange of mine, there have already been hitman case, ransomware case that did bring it to news very hugely ( caused average joes to visit deepweb as they are intereted on the case)

I know my fingerprint is different to users of TOR browser , since im using chromium ...but should i really care? Brave has shields working with the tor sites and if im scared about js honeypots, i could always run browser in vm(?) But with the normal browsing i do in the clearweb i should not have any worries about accessing malware domains by accident

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
About viewing onion sites with the tor browser, should i really care about my anonymity when i visit sites that might contain something illegal ( you have to download that content obviously) but im just watching? ( talking about breached documents, its illegal to share them )

Since i have interested of some onion sites hosted with the languange of mine, there have already been hitman case, ransomware case that did bring it to news very hugely ( caused average joes to visit deepweb as they are intereted on the case)

I know my fingerprint is different to users of TOR browser , since im using chromium ...but should i really care? Brave has shields working with the tor sites and if im scared about js honeypots, i could always run browser in vm(?) But with the normal browsing i do in the clearweb i should not have any worries about accessing malware domains by accident

For Deepweb I always use Tor, tor is not installed in C drive, I have installed in D. I use double layer of VPN with it, NORD VPN permit VPN over tor.
For regular use, Brave is my choice.

1605099388632.png

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Brave update: Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Release Notes V1.14.84
  • Implemented client ads pacing mechanism. (#11643)
What is ad pacing?

In digital marketing the automatic balancing of impressions for advertisements so that the campaign hits a desired metric over the course of its lifetime.

Usually there are several ad pacing options, like spread evenly over time or maximize within time slots (e.g. during business hours or in the early evening). Ad pacing is the digital advertising equivalent of fatting up goose for paté. Digest as much as possible without suffocating.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Brave release update: Version 1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Release notes not currently available, but this update brings integrated CNAME blocking.

Enjoy the built-in goodness, stay safe and stay Brave, my friends! (y):D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.