oldschool

Level 55
Verified
What is the biggest draw to using Brave? I have tried it before and there was nothing special about it to me?
The built-in anti-tracking and other privacy options, which are continuously maintained & developed. It has the best built-in and most configurable Javascript/adblocking/privacy UI of any browser I'm aware of. Plus it's built on chromium and updated regularly. I don't care about the other features like Brave Rewards, etc. It still needs some work but nothing's perfect, not even the vaunted Edge.

Last edited:

Trooper

Level 6
Verified
The built-in anti-tracking and other privacy options, which are continuously maintained & developed. It has the best built-in and most configurable Javascript/adblocking/privacy UI of any browser I'm aware of. Plus it's built on chromium and updated regularly. I don't care about the other features like Brave Rewards, etc. It still needs some work but nothing's perfect, not even the vaunted Edge.

All good points. I have tried it before but always preferred Chrome. The AdBlock is ok but I always found myself needing to use uBO as it did not block enough ads for my liking. Maybe there is a setting for that. Yeah, never cared for the Brave Rewards and always disabled that. Edge is far from perfect but then again I guess no browser is. I used to use Firefox for many many years, but Chrome eventually won me over.

I have been trying not to use Chrome so that is why I am running the new Edge on my current desktop. Perhaps I will give Brave a spin again to see how it compares.

Trooper

Level 6
Verified
@Trooper - if you think about giving Brave another try, please consider using the Beta version. It's very stable and they need more users on that channel, i.e. they've made a public request. I use Nightly in addition to release version.

Sounds good. I may just give it a go. :)

EDIT: Just installed the Brave beta. Will keep you posted.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 55
Verified
Just installed the Brave beta. Will keep you posted.
Here's some more info on privacy features:

... and you may find the earlier episodes here News on Privacy, Adblock and Browsers | Brave Browser

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Does the Brave Nightly have a way to check Blocked CSS rules, or are they already in Stable?

1596733932510.png

Such as .reactionBar - Hides the Likes bar ie. "username1, username3 and You liked this post."