Brave Nightly releases and discussion

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
What is the biggest draw to using Brave? I have tried it before and there was nothing special about it to me?

Reactions: Cortex

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
What is the biggest draw to using Brave? I have tried it before and there was nothing special about it to me?
The built-in anti-tracking and other privacy options, which are continuously maintained & developed. It has the best built-in and most configurable Javascript/adblocking/privacy UI of any browser I'm aware of. Plus it's built on chromium and updated regularly. I don't care about the other features like Brave Rewards, etc. It still needs some work but nothing's perfect, not even the vaunted Edge.

Last edited:

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
The built-in anti-tracking and other privacy options, which are continuously maintained & developed. It has the best built-in and most configurable Javascript/adblocking/privacy UI of any browser I'm aware of. Plus it's built on chromium and updated regularly. I don't care about the other features like Brave Rewards, etc. It still needs some work but nothing's perfect, not even the vaunted Edge.

All good points. I have tried it before but always preferred Chrome. The AdBlock is ok but I always found myself needing to use uBO as it did not block enough ads for my liking. Maybe there is a setting for that. Yeah, never cared for the Brave Rewards and always disabled that. Edge is far from perfect but then again I guess no browser is. I used to use Firefox for many many years, but Chrome eventually won me over.

I have been trying not to use Chrome so that is why I am running the new Edge on my current desktop. Perhaps I will give Brave a spin again to see how it compares.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
@Trooper - if you think about giving Brave another try, please consider using the Beta version. It's very stable and they need more users on that channel, i.e. they've made a public request. I use Nightly in addition to release version.

Sounds good. I may just give it a go. :)

EDIT: Just installed the Brave beta. Will keep you posted.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Just installed the Brave beta. Will keep you posted.
Here's some more info on privacy features:

... and you may find the earlier episodes here News on Privacy, Adblock and Browsers | Brave Browser

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does the Brave Nightly have a way to check Blocked CSS rules, or are they already in Stable?

1596733932510.png

Such as .reactionBar - Hides the Likes bar ie. "username1, username3 and You liked this post."

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.