Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Smartscreen can't be reached right now
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Check my internet connection
I setup my Windows 10 Build 1803 last night, and I keep getting this Smartscreen pop up every time I tried to run my software. I can check and install updates through Windows Update fine.
Smartscreen can't be reached right now. Check your internet connection. Windows Defender Smartscreen is unreachable and can't help you decide if this app is ok to run.

Do any of you guys have this smartscreen can't be reached when you download a new app and run it? I tested on my laptop, and I am getting the same result as a new clean installation on my desktop.

Last edited:

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
1525624913700.png
I just wanted to test samples two hours ago, but I can't. SmartScreen is really down(?)

Upvote 0

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Do any of you guys have this smartscreen can't be reached when you download a new app and run it? I tested on my laptop, and I am getting the same result as a new clean installation on my desktop.

Yes, exactly. I had cleaned up some files on my laptop and thought I might have caused it. Now I'm not so sure. I PM'd @Andy Ful earlier and currently waiting to continue conversation.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
View attachment 188123
I just wanted to test samples two hours ago, but I can't. SmartScreen is really down(?)

I think so. My laptop and my desktop showed the same result.
Yes, exactly. I had cleaned up some files on my laptop and thought I might have caused it. Now I'm not so sure. I PM'd @Andy Ful earlier and currently waiting to continue conversation.

I thought I bomb my clean installation as well because I asked myself last night. What the hell did I do? All I did is installed Windows Updates, my motherboard and GPU drivers, and my apps.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Do you all use @Andy Ful's RunBySmartscreen on your system, because my feeling is that this is the issue for me. I don't believe it happened right after the update... it appears it was a couple of days or so... but what do I know?

What is RunBySmartscreen? I have never heard that ever. I just found out yesterday when I finished setup a clean installation for my desktop.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.