Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
No one seems to have told ESET about a shrinking market - UK site - 1 user 1 year $39.99 UK Pounds or equivalent $54:91 US Dollar :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In my country it costs 5 dollars now and I bought two years of Kaspersky Internet Security for 3 dollars (retail).

Capturar.JPG

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Is that from an ESET retailer? ESET is about the only AV here you can't buy licences from Ebay, you can but they don't last long - I digress from thread here :confused:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I might be totally off here, but I always assumed it was more about buying the competitions market share, more than their technology, at least in the case of AV software.

AVG now has AVAST technology. As far as I know AVAST also integrated some AVG technology.

Do you have room for a friend? But seriously is there any possibility for Kaspersky to be acquired?

Offer enough and you could buy even Microsoft or Google...

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
I'm now a Mac user, so in my experience - most of these solutions seem to seriously strip out the features they usually offer.

What's good on Windows, isnt technically the same for me now 🤣
Looks just like Real-time & on-demand only for Mac.

I don't see:

Firewall
Game booster
secure browser
vulnerability checker
or parental control

This is the problem when I see reviews for security, the experiences are usually vastly different to their macOS counterpart lol

Attachments

• bullg.jpg
    bullg.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 455
  • bullguard2.jpg
    bullguard2.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 455

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
BullGuard has now taken so long on its first scan that it's just froze the time elapsed counter LOL

I think I already know, this isn't the solution for me on macOS.

Sadly this follows the trend, 99% are made 'purely' for windows with their macOS solutions being basically an add-on

people must realise they charge the SAME PRICE to protect a different OS, so to me, BullGuard isn't worth it for a macOS user.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.