Advice Request Can you advise on a trusty sync software, free or paid?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
i'm looking for a sync software free o paid
about paid software i'm undecided about Goodsync ,Syncovery or SyncBackPro (they are almost paid outside SyncBack there is a free version)

I need to sync lots of big files to my several external hard disk and nas
cloud service would be welcome & ftp, for small size file (for small size files i mean 10 or 20 mb)

about freeware i know Synkron , and there are several
do you sync sofware? could you give me some advises me a good one?

i have tried Bvckup and i don't like
thanks

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Reactions: Syafiq and Vasudev
D

Deleted member 65228

in short you don't use a sync software?
I use regular local back-ups for personal documents and system image alongside cloud storage. However, all content I push onto cloud storage is encrypted and then stored inside of a password protected archive using a random secure password.

Never had a need to use the specific software you're after. I just use a normal backup software for the image and I manually backup personal documents.

Last edited by a moderator:

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Sync Back, the software I use to sync the files from my PC with the files on my external HDD. It has very good decision options, e.g: what to sync, what to keep, what to delete, priority, and various options.
Another good option is GoodSync.
I have a license key for both which are very good in syncing activity.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
I use SyncBackPro Free to make a mirror (my own predefined profile) of all my data folders to external hard disk... it's fast here and very complete even being Free version...
hi
do you use the portable version or the installation version?

Reactions: Syafiq

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
in the past 4-5 years i've been using FreeFileSync (freeware) to backup/synchronize all my files with external drives.
Download FreeFileSync - MajorGeeks

WARN: The free version contains advertisment (quotation from FAQs):
Is there a version of the FreeFileSync installer without advertisements?
freefilesync-heart.png

Yes, everyone who donates is offered a special version of FreeFileSync without any advertisements, including a number of bonus features. The FreeFileSync Donation Edition is a thank-you for supporting the FreeFileSync project!

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I have a great contender here - Microsoft Briefcase! I use it though to backup/sync some of my important files/folders to My Briefcase folder... and export it for use to other PCs!

By the way, that was maybe Windows 95-98 :)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

hi
i'm looking for a sync software free o paid
about paid software i'm undecided about Goodsync ,Syncovery or SyncBackPro (they are almost paid outside SyncBack there is a free version)

I need to sync lots of big files to my several external hard disk and nas
cloud service would be welcome & ftp, for small size file (for small size files i mean 10 or 20 mb)

about freeware i know Synkron , and there are several
do you sync sofware? could you give me some advises me a good one?

i have tried Bvckup and i don't like
thanks

Sync.com

Reliable. Secure as hell. Cheap. Zero Knowledge Provider.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Here's what I use:

a) Local (HDD and NAS) synching - Bvckup and Goodsync. Both paid. The former is a delightful Swiss utility that is very fast. Goodsync is a more complex and good program but seems a bit clunky by comparison

b) Internet - For secure syncing of data to the Internet then it's gotta be Sync.com without a doubt. Next choice PCloud, Zoolz (Amazon cold storage)

Sync + secure backup = SpiderOak.

I also use the ubiquitous Google Drive, MS OneDrive & Dropbox (who doesn't?) + Mega (try them out). But I don't really trust them & use Duplicati to encrypt and backup my personal data to those providers

Reactions: Syafiq and giulia

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
in the past 4-5 years i've been using FreeFileSync (freeware) to backup/synchronize all my files with external drives.
Download FreeFileSync - MajorGeeks

WARN: The free version contains advertisment (quotation from FAQs):
hi
i know now why portable plaform did stop to upgrade it FreeFileSync Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

Here's what I use:

a) Local (HDD and NAS) synching - Bvckup and Goodsync. Both paid. The former is a delightful Swiss utility that is very fast. Goodsync is a more complex and good program but seems a bit clunky by comparison

b) Internet - For secure syncing of data to the Internet then it's gotta be Sync.com without a doubt. Next choice PCloud, Zoolz (Amazon cold storage)

Sync + secure backup = SpiderOak.

I also use the ubiquitous Google Drive, MS OneDrive & Dropbox (who doesn't?) + Mega (try them out). But I don't really trust them & use Duplicati to encrypt and backup my personal data to those providers
hi
i can't what many user find Bvckup so great , it's very simple like a freeware ,syncback is so powerful and there is a freeware too
thanks

Reactions: Syafiq and R2D2

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
i can't what many user find Bvckup so great , it's very simple like a freeware ,syncback is so powerful and there is a freeware too thanks

Bvckup is only a lightweight synching utility. It is very fast and syncs even large folders and files in a matter of seconds.

IMO a more appropriate comparison is SyncbackPro with Goodsync Pro. Both perform syncing and backup functions. I prefer Goodsync to Syncback.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
source (ghacks.net): FreeFileSync 10.0 updates removes ads from installer - gHacks Tech News

May 03, 2018

FreefileSync 10.0 is the latest version of the popular cross-platform file synchronization software that I reviewed in 2009 for the first time here on Ghacks Technology News.
The program is listed in our Best Windows file synchronization software list as it is quite powerful when it comes to data synchronization operations on Windows, Linux or Mac OS X devices.
FreeFileSync has not been without criticism in the past, however. The installer included advertisement, but that is a thing of the past as the installer is ad-free now in the latest version.
Note: I still had issues downloading the program to a Windows 10 machine. Windows Defender blocked the download. The issue is Windows-specific and I used the Linux version instead.

... an interesting link from the article: What's the best free file synchronization software for Windows? - gHacks Tech News

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.