Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Important information for Firefox users
If you use Firefox with a Firefox account, we strongly recommend that you update CCleaner to version 5.70 before cleaning. This version of CCleaner fixes an issue that can cause extension settings to be lost in Firefox.

The update also includes performance improvements and improved support for Opera GX.

Important fix for Firefox users
  • Fixed a bug where CCleaner could wipe extension settings in Firefox if using a Firefox account
Cleaning
  • Added Smart Clean support for Opera GX
  • CCleaner now differentiates between Opera and Opera GX processes
  • Fixed a rare bug where Health Check would not close all selected browsers
General
  • Fixed a performance issue where CCleaner could use more CPU than it needed
  • DetectOS syntax correctly supports full Windows build numbers in WinApp2

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I just have a brief question. When updating Portable version of CCleaner on my PC, if I already have its folder ( older version of Portable CCleaner.) like the screenshot below with Configuration settings, depicted with the red line:

1596750883646.png

Then when unzipping the new version of CCleaner Portable, like this in another folder, like this below:
1596750991224.png

to update to a newer version of CCleaner Portable, all I need to do is to just to replace the CCleaner64 in the second folder ( second screenshot), in the first folder, first screenshot, is that right?

Thank you.

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I just have a brief question. When updating Portable version of CCleaner on my PC, if I already have its folder ( older version of Portable CCleaner.) like the screenshot below with Configuration settings, depicted with the red line:

View attachment 245021
Then when unzipping the new version of CCleaner Portable, like this in another folder, like this below:
View attachment 245022
to update to a newer version of CCleaner Portable, all I need to do is to just to replace the CCleaner64 in the second folder ( second screenshot), in the first folder, first screenshot, is that right?

Thank you.
I am moving all the contents of the second folder to the first folder.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.