sepik

Level 7
Hello,

I'm out of ideas, but couple of things to try:

Copy-paste to address bar: chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings?origin=userclick
Copy-paste to address bar: chrome://flags/ and click "reset all". Then restart chrome and try to reset/clean up again.

Maybe uninstalling/reinstalling chrome is the best solution now, remember to backup your bookmarks etc before doing that.

Kind regards,
-sepik

JB007

Level 21
Verified
Hello,

I'm out of ideas, but couple of things to try:

Copy-paste to address bar: chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings?origin=userclick
Copy-paste to address bar: chrome://flags/ and click "reset all". Then restart chrome and try to reset/clean up again.

Maybe uninstalling/reinstalling chrome is the best solution now, remember to backup your bookmarks etc before doing that.

Kind regards,
-sepik
Thanks @sepik
I tried these 2 reset but the problem is still here.
I go to uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

sepik

Level 7
Hello,
Check this Guide how to completely remove chrome.
If that is not going to help, i think your other security software might cause problems. Temporarily disable Emsisoft, if you're still using it might help or OSArmor.

Kind regards,
-sepik

JB007

Level 21
Verified
Hello,
Yesterday I have the pleasure to see that "Clean the PC" was now working again on my Chrome :)
chrome.PNG

What's new on my PC :
*AVAST uninstalled
*Bitdefender Total Security installed
*OSArmor uninstalled (I will not pay for it)
*Windows 10 Pro updated to "2004"

PS: I will update my security profile ASAP.

Evjl's Rain

Level 45
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
did you block software_reporter_tool.exe with gpedit or registry?
I doubt it because I or someone mentioned it in the past. blocking that exe will reduce google chrome's data collection and cpu usage. It will make chrome cleanup not working
by the way, I think chrome cleanup is useless, totally useless. It never cleans anything or detect any malware although I installed a lot of active malwares on my test machine